Tuesday, 25 May 2010

Tramp in a wedding outfit

Today I am mostly resembling a tramp (I don't mean a lady of the night kind of tramp - the other sort that doesn't wash often?) I had a doctors appointment this morning at 0850 about my crunchy knee, which meant a lie in. Which clearly meant I would fall back asleep after Matt left and wake up with 20 minutes to spare. So, quick shower, scrape hair back, throw on some clothes and off you go. Except the linen trousers I shoved on are 2 sizes too big and resemble clown pants. I never wear my hair back (unless on holiday) as I think my head looks too small for my body when I do - especially when my trousers are 2 sizes too big. I also managed to stub my toe when getting into the car - thus removing most of my perfectly pedicured nail varnish which looks lovely with a pair of leopard print peep toes. I feel like a right old minger, I am just thankful I found an old mascara in my handbag or I'd be rocking the albino look today too.

Ho hum. Anyway, according to the doctor I have crepitus - which is apparently nothing to overly worry about (although just reading about it made me worry) and I am being sent for an X-ray to be on the safe side. I always feel like a right hypochondriac when I go to the doctor's and this was no exception. I felt like I was totally wasting his time since my knee is not in constant pain and just a little bit noisy.

In other self inflicted traumas: I ordered 3 dresses last week from Very for various weddings this year and they arrived yesterday. Trying them on made me thoroughly depressed. All lovely dresses, just fairly hideous on me. Excuse the really bad photos - but you get the gist. If I put them on here, I can look at them and remind myself why I need to get my fat arse back into gear. I've 3 weeks til the first wedding, so a few pounds can be lost. I think I am just going to have to go with one of them with extra large pants and hope for the best. The only good thing is that they are all size 18's and they fit. Today's clown pants are a size 24. Opinions all welcome :)



Food went pretty well last night and so far today. One meal at a time seems to be working, I am definitely not stressing so much about my food. Planning to go for a walk tonight after work if Matt gets home at a reasonable time - failing that the Wii will be dusted off for a bit of Just Dance. I need all the help I can get to not resemble a the Michelin Man in a horror frock at these weddings.

7 comments:

  1. Looking like a tramp? welcome to my world! Your description did make me chuckle though :o))
    I usually resemble a bag lady in my 'dog clothes' - leads dangling, and poo bags (unused I hasten to add) threatening to escape from various pockets!

    I LOVE the look stripey dress, it looks like a good cut for you, and the fabric looks like it falls nicely.
    Not feeling the love for the other two though.

    Hmmm...it occurs to me that you may not be after opinions. In which case feel free to just ignore random bag ladies!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I vote for the stripey one too, looks really nice, and I'm sure when you're feeling like less of a 'tramp' then you'll stand a bit taller and feel a bit more confident in it anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I hate mornings like that, so you have my sympathy ... although more often than not I just go with the being late option and sod it - I think I'm too vain for my own good!

    I actually really like the stripey one too - empire line is a good shape on you, and always a great classic style, and the stripes are unusual and cute. :-)

    Glad the knee is nothing too serious - no excuse not to get put walking in the lovely spring sunshine now! ;-).

    Ps - well done for jumping straight back on the bandwagon after holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i feel i need to whoop you up side the head! You look awesome in those dresses, i LOVE the green one and the floral one (enough that i want the link so i can buy them myself!)

    oh and in my bid to be less tramp like.... eyelash dying (and perming once too) best thing ever and mine are brown lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to see a photo of the tramp look! :p

    Dresses: best is the stripey one for line and length, nice and elegant, then the floral one, but the green one... mmm... not such a good look I think. It's blimmin' irritating that gorgeous dresses in pictures so often disappoint when they arrive.

    Sorry I've been absent from your comments box for a while - I must get back into reading everything again, but life keeps on interrupting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the stripey and the flowery ones look lovely. Try them on again when you're having less of a bad day and you'll be able to see if you like them a bit better :) xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment!