Thursday, 13 May 2010

Work is trying to make me fatter...

Day one of being back on track - 5 points over. Good work Linz. Mainly due to the team lunch Chinese buffet yesterday and my inability to stop picking at food last night when I got in from work. I was hungry - Chinese does that to me, I feel full and bloated and then about an hour later, ravenous... what is it with that?

Anyway, today, armed with Toast and Marmite for breakfast and a Chicken Salad for lunch, I felt in control, I even allowed myself a little stop at Costa Coffee for a Skinny Latte as a treat, I am so rock and roll. And then the curse of the work buffet. The whole company was in the office today - very rare since most of the sales guys and consulants are rarely here, but we had all been summoned as the CEO was making an appearance from the US so we get to have a jolly question and answer session over lunch. I ate my salad in the vain attempt at filling myself up beforehand - and then I stood in the kitchen with the whole company and tried to console myself with carrot batons and cherry tomatoes... Trying to ignore the piles of Sandwiches, Wraps, Quiche, Spring Rolls, Crisps, Chicken Satay, Samosas, Mini Bruschetta, Cookies, Pastries.... you get the idea.... oh heck, can you tell how hard that was given I can name every bloody thing that was present!?

I caved and had half a Samosa and a tiny Chicken and Stuffing Yorkshire Pudding Wrap - seriously, I am Northern and I could live on Yorkshire Puddings - don't put them in front of me and expect me to abstain! Instead of a Cookie, I took a Banana and then ran from the kitchen as soon as was politely possible. Hard work. I am now left with about 6 points, which would be ok, however, I am meeting a friend in London tonight and the plan is drinks and dinner.

I think I may need to survive on dust all weekend to sort this out.

5 comments:

  1. I think you did very well there Linz- I would have totally caved! I hope you have a good, Points friendly evening. I'm being dragged to see 4 Lions but I have my points for my popcorn. Go me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg chicken satay and spring rolls, I'd have grabbed a plate without thinking! Fair play to ye for only having a little of it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. never mind a plate, I'd have been face down in it all munching away!
    I think you did a brilliant job - ok, so you did slip a tiny bit, but it could have been soooo much worse!

    Debs x

    PS...was it delicious though?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Know what you mean about Chinese - does that to me too. Think that given the circumstances at work you controlled yourself admirably. Good luck on the weekend Zxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am hosting a give-a-way if you want to check it out :-)

    http://www.southernlace.com/2010/05/chippidy-doo-daa.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment!