Imagine the scene, running a bit late for work (I need to leave by 0730 at the latest to be in the office for 0800 and it was 0735 - yikes) loaded with various tupperware of healthy eats, my laptop, my over stuffed handbag, my coffee cup full of coffee and a birthday present for a friend who I was off to see after work. Throw everything in the car (well not the coffee or that would have been messy), start up the engine, pop the car into reverse and think.... hmmm, clutch feels a bit heavy but off I go... Free wheel down the massive hill we live on (as I do every day - clearly not clever)... only to discover at the bottom that when putting the car into first gear, nothing bloody well happens. Well something does happen, the car revs up and starts to smell quite alarmingly bad and the car rolls forward about an inch. Cue me, revving the hell out of the engine, swearing a lot and generally rolling further backwards away from home. Thanks a bloody lot car - I spent £500 on you in December and this is the thanks I get. I even cleaned you last week.
So, unpack the car and abandon it, trundle back up the hill, work from home for an hour until my colleague comes online and then trek 25 mins with all of my various bags to the station to catch the train (missing the first one as it pulls out of the platform as I arrive). Get on the train in a somewhat sweaty and trampy mess. Harumph.
Work has been fairly chaotic today as well, it seems to have been a week of system and network outages, adding stress to an already ridiculous work load at the moment (note it can't be that bad since I am still finding time to blog.... hmmmm)
Food has gone well again - I am in danger of needing halo polish.
Breakfast
2 crumpets with Lurpak Lighter and Marmite and a Skinny Hazelnut Latte which was meant for the car journey which clearly did not happen (5)

Mid Morning
Presentation is everything here as you can see. A large carrot and a tablespoon of reduced fat houmous (1)

Lunch
Mixed Salad with Chicken Breast with seasoning, Extra light salad cream, Packet of Salt and Vingegar Discos and Skinny Water. (5.5) Apparently this water is the answer to all of my prayers, I just need to drink this and I will be thin.... well perhaps not but it tastes quite nice and had 30p off in Superdrug so I was sold.

Mid Afternoon - forgot to snap as I was wolfing them down. 5 macadamia nuts and 2 dried apricots. (3 bloody points - trying to eat nuts as they seem healthier but full of blimming fat)
Dinner
Homemade Lasagne (8.5) with side salad and WW Doughballs (2) Bloody delicious if I do say so myself.

The only plus side of the car trauma is that I did some exercise today - 60 minutes in total of walking which I wouldn't have normally done... and some weight lifting if you count lugging my assortment of bags both ways.
So thats 24/26 plus a few BP's. I am liking this so far.
I bet it was the cleaning that did it. My car would be paralysed with shock too if I did something like that to it.
ReplyDeleteI love how you presented your carrot and houmous picture. You should try to make all your pics come up to such standards of consummate artistry. Then you could have an exhibition and be famous. Let's face it, you're already better than Tracey Emin.
Let me know if that Skinny Water works - if so, I'll buy it even WITH the extra 30p!
ReplyDeleteHave a more relaxing weekend.
love
Peridot
hope you have a relaxing weekend!
ReplyDeleteYou should get your own sitcom! Sounds like a THIS JUST CAN´T BE HAPPENING day.
ReplyDeleteThe lasagne looks mouth watering!
Have a lovely weekend
X
Food looks good! I left you an award on my blog!
ReplyDeletePop over to my blog hun, I've something for you to collect. xox
ReplyDelete