Wednesday, 19 May 2010

So far so good

Gave myself a very stern talking to this morning and dragged myself to my WI. I was expecting the worst, so was very pleasantly surprised with a 2.5lb loss. I can only presume that a slightly dodgy stomach yesterday has contributed to that. I inadvertantly poisoned myself with shellfish last night (to which I am somewhat allergic), not really the best weight loss method, but I'll take it. I've also managed 2 days on track. Progress of sorts.

Matt has been away with work for a few days so we went to the pub last night when he returned. I stuck to lime and soda and I even ordered a Salad (unheard of). I think focusing on one meal at a time is definitely helping me. I am not spending all of my day stressing about what I can and cannot eat. So far so good.

Exercise is still not happening. I was full of good intentions to go to the gym this morning. Packed my bag and set my alarm for 0630am. Then a few unexpected trips to the loo during the night meant when the alarm went off this morning, I snoozed it (for snooze read 'turned off') and promptly woke up again at 0830am with Matt still snoring beside me. Clever.

I can't go to the gym tonight as I need to work late (is that just an excuse??) but I will try and get myself out for a bit of a walk since the weather is looking up.

Right, I am off to the pub for lunch again (I know I seem to have taken up residency) for a salad and some sunshine. Happy days.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats for your loss. Who cares, where it´s coming from!

    I´m the same, I´m just trying to stress myself out too much. Sometimes it even works.

    Still waiting for the click in my head.

    Have a lovely day

    X

    ReplyDelete
  2. well done you! I am rubbing the screen hoping I can catch a good loss for myself at WI tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment!