For once, I am actually fairly glad it's Monday. My weekend has been alcoholic and I am glad to be back to work so I am not forced to drink cocktails, wine or any other dodgy shots. I feel sick at the thought.
Friday night was my second birthday dinner with my friends. I didn't eat all day as was still stuffed from the Thursday night eat fest. Dinner at a local italian restaurant was lovely, but I drank a bit too much prosecco and wine. Not like me at all..... I had Anti Pasto to start followed by Roast Suckling Pig and (butter drenched) Veg. Delicious.
Saturday morning I had to be up bright and early to drive to Cardiff for a Hen do. I picked up my friend Laura at 0930 and took my car for her inaugural over night trip - she was most excited. The hen do was a good laugh, if not fairly hideous - think Pink Tutu's, Penis Necklaces, Cocktails and Shots, Dodgy 80's music and a overly short Stripper which culminated in us staying overnight in what can only be described as a Hostel full of Hen and Stags (when you ask for a triple room, you don't tend to expect a bunk bed above the double bed....) Anyhow, I digress - we had the pleasure of some very young Hen's (not with us) blasting music at 4am in the paper walled corridor of the hostel, sorry hotel. We saw the same girls at breakfast (our Hen had identified them from their shrieking) in just their underwear - it was a very classy establishment. So, not a lot of sleep, a hangover and a 2 hour drive home didn't lead to a very happy Linz.
Eating has been all over the place and not at all on plan. I'm back at it today, but my parents arrive tomorrow for a couple of nights which means more meals out and then Friday we have the wedding (of the Hen do I just attended) in Ross-on-Wye which again means no control! Ho hum, it's not easy is it?
I guess I will just be as good as I can be whenever possible. WI on Wednesday will be interesting!
Hope I don't offend you - I'm not trying to be smart - but I think one of the mindset changes for me was realising that I always have control - nobody force feeds food or alcohol into me - I choose what I put in there - sometimes not very wisely !!! But reading your posts and seeing what a fun and hectic lifestyle you lead, I think the key for you is realising that at the end of the day you have to choose what/how much you are going to eat or drink and that if you want to lose weight you have to find someway to make it fit in with that busy lifestyle of yours - because even if you stay home for the next 6 months and lose it all - the minute you start picking up the threads of your life again it's all going to pile back on again as you haven't been able to work out how to deal with going out and monitoring your weight and eating/drinking habits. As I know to my cost alcohol is a killer so I try and watch that and the other easy one is to skip entrees and desserts and always have the sauce on the side and ask for no chips. I'm not trying to teach my granny how to suck eggs - just hoping I can maybe give you a different perspective on this journey - which never ends! You've done amazingly well and I'm just hoping my two bobs worth will help you tackle the next bit. And please don't stay home for the next 6 months - I enjoy hearing about your busy social life too much!! Zxx
ReplyDeleteThanks Zanna - you are totally right. I think I've been writing off the weeks when I've had stuff on instead of planning better.
ReplyDeleteI need to realise that this is for life, or I'll end up gaining those 52 pounds back and that means taking a bit more control over my nights out.
Starting from now... Thank you :) xx
So glad you've taken this in the spirit I intended - I was a bit worried that you might think - who's this old bag telling me what to do? For many years I railed against the fact that I could never stop watching - finally now I accept it - if I want to stay a shape and size that makes me feel good then I need to watch constantly - if I don't then it just piles back on again! And some times I'm better at watching than others!!! Anyway hang in there and just keep plodding - you'll get there! Zxx
ReplyDeleteDon't know what rock I've been under, but I just realized (realised) you're a Brit! Now, when I read your blogs, they're totally coming across with an accent. LOVE It!
ReplyDeleteI, too, am struggling with the work/play & be healthy. I do enjoy a good adult beverage from time to time.
-jafg