Wednesday, 9 June 2010

WI Wednesday

So I am pleased to report the scales moved - after 2 weeks away from my 'official' weigh in, I have lost 2 whole pounds. I think shaving my legs in the shower this morning contributed to the weight loss, every little helps.

Actually, I am really pleased with that - I am not sure it's deserved given I have exceeded points on a fairly regular basis and barely moved (apart from walking in Amsterdam). I need to be extra good this week - I think that's highly likely to be an impossibility.

Tomorrow, I may have mentioned, is my birthday and I am commiserating turning 34 in style. Matt is taking me out for a very fancy dinner - a tasting menu which is apparently 10 courses. I think I need to starve myself all day in preparation. However, one small stumbling block prior to that is I am meeting a friend for lunch. I am just popping to hers as she's a new Mum (2 week old Isobel), but I can't really expect dust and water, which is what I should be existing on in preparation for a 10 course meal. How does one consume that amount of food??

Friday night, 10 of us are off for dinner (there is a theme here) to a really nice Italian Restaurant who do mammoth portions of gorgeous food. Ho Hum. I probably won't drink loads however as I've an early start on Saturday. I'm off to Cardiff for a hen do - which involves Cocktail Making and Dinner and no doubt copious amounts of alcohol. Not to mention pink t-shirts and tutu's.

Sunday I may well come home and hibernate.

Work has been awful today, I've had the headache from hell and a load of hassle from not very appreciative people. I've not slept well for the past 3 nights, so I am hopeful tonight I will be knocked out - a couple of gins may assist perhaps? I need a lot of energy for the next few days. I am exhausted just thinking about it!

3 comments:

  1. Yum - I looked at the menu and it sounded lovely (with the exception of bone marrow sauce but then I'm really squeamish). They'll be tiny courses - a mouthful of each. Love that.

    Have fun

    love
    Peridot

    PS Happy birthday again

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that restaurant looks fab, you lucky thing, but its deserved for a bday treat, have a fab day n night, must go n drop some hints to the other half for my bday now hee hee. Have loadsa fun xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Liiiinz. Happy birthday Tooooooooooooo youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.

    Hope you have a lovely day xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment!