Tuesday, 29 June 2010

Weekend wake up call

What a lovely weekend I had, fantastic to spend time with my bestest girlie friends enjoying the amazing weather. We drank a lot of cocktails (which contained fruit juice - therefore healthy) a lot of Pimms (with fruit in it - therefore healthy) and didn't really eat all that much as we pretty much filled ourselves full of liquid. We walked miles around London Bridge, Tower Bridge and Borough Market (my feet weren't overly impressed) and enjoyed the hottest weekend of the year so far. Fab. I can thoroughly recommend the apartments we stayed in if you are ever in London. We had 2 apartments sleeping 4 each and it worked out at just under £100 per person (7 of us) - fairly cheap by London standards considering the local Premier Inn was £145 per room, per night.

The penis cake went down a treat and was very tasty, if I do say so myself. My friend also loved the various tat we had accumulated for her and I think was secretly quite pleased we had bought her an assortment of penis shaped treats.

I am now suffering however. My back has decided it's taken offence at something I did at the weekend and I am walking like I've a snooker cue shoved somewhere it shouldn't be. I also feel really fat. The scales are still lying to me, (15stone 11 this morning) so I've actually no idea what I weigh at the moment, but the heat at the weekend certainly made me realise I still have a very long way to go. I love the picture below - except I hate me in it. I am huge compared to everyone else (and that's with half of me cut out of the photo). Big wake up call.


I'm definitely joining a new WW class tonight. So, I expect I will be heavier than my last official WI given I normally get weighed of a morning, but I am determined to try and haul my lard ass firmly back on the straight and narrow. My eating has been ok the past few days and I am definitely making much better choices again, but I still don't feel 100% back at it. Exercise other than walking and the odd game of tennis, is practically none existent, so I need to get back at that. I think I'd perhaps be suffering less with my back if I was consistently mobile, instead of fits and starts.

So another fairly busy week, new WW class tonight, out with a friend in London tomorrow and out with other friends in Windsor on Thursday. Matt is away with work until Friday, so no doubt we'll end up doing something Friday night too. Saturday, I've a friend coming over for lunch and Sunday Matt and I are going for Sunday lunch. Phew. Planning is most definitely in order.

2 comments:

  1. Saw your pics on facebook, looks like you had loadsa fun! I know what you mean about the hot weather, I am constantly a sweaty betty at the mo, not a good look at all! And yet still I struggle to get my ass into gear, arghhh! Good luck at the weigh in tonight xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you look gorgeous. Well done for losing 53lb already!
    W-O-W. Good luck for the rest...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment!