Tuesday, 22 June 2010

Hormonal Scales

Yesterday wasn't the best day from a diet perspective. I slept badly and woke up bright and early feeling like I really didn't want to get out of bed at all. I half considered calling in sick, but I'm far too conscientious for that so I dragged myself out of bed and forced myself out of the door. And then proceeded to sit in traffic for 1.5 hours. Gah!

Breakfast yesterday was a tuna salad sandwich, which I had meant for lunch, but I'd cleverly forgotten I was going to a friend's house to see her, her 4 week old daughter and another friend. So quiche and salad for lunch - not overly bad but I did have a spoonful of trifle afterwards. Naughty Linz.

Last night I had booked myself in for a Sport's Massage as my back has been niggling me a lot of late and I've had limited use of my right arm - not overly handy I can assure you. I usually have massages every 6 weeks, but due to never actually being at home of late, I have missed a fair few appointments. Ouch it was blooming painful - but very much needed, I feel a bit sore today, but most definitely better for it. After that I went to see a friend for dinner and she served up Pizza, Oven Chips and Salad. Delicious, but once again, not overly ideal.

However, after all of the that the hormonal scales are showing a 2 stone loss this morning. Yes, I wrote that right. After 6 attempts at getting on and off and on again, 2 stone off since Sunday morning. Utterly brilliant.

I think I need to find myself a new WW class as the Wednesday morning WI just doesn't seem to be working for me anymore. There is a class on Tuesday night's near where I live so I am wondering if I should switch to that so I can actually stay for the class - might help me refocus a bit - except I can't go tonight. Ho Hum.

Working from home today as I had a 0530am start. That was an absolute horror. I couldn't sleep all night for fear of sleeping in past my alarm so I've had about 10 minutes sleep. Once I clock off at 1pm, I shall be heading back to bed or perhaps the garden since it's another beautiful day. Exercise will be none - or perhaps a walk later if I find some energy from anywhere.

4 comments:

  1. Hehe I know all about hormonal scales... if I put my WW Scales on the bedroom carpet instead of the bathroom floor they tell me I'm 10 stone rather than 16 stone something ha! If only it was that easy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh nightmare, lack of sleep is very bad, keep cracking at it though hun. xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two STONE? In 3 days? Are you SURE? Two POUNDS would be going it some! Congrats either way though!

    love
    Peridot

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey hun, I love slimming world, I still have my bad weeks but that's because I don't stick to it. I got sick of counting points on ww and just couldn't get back into the swing of it.
    I've had bigger losses on a weekly basis with slimming world.
    This is a link to a blog where Stef has explained the plan, I'd give it a try if I were you hun.

    http://stefis-wl-journey.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment!