Friday, 25 June 2010

Lying scales and penis paraphernalia

I've given up trying to work out the scales. I either have some souped-up metabolism and I am wasting away or they are just downright liars. According to them, I am losing a stone a day. I'm at 13stone 6 today apparently. Harumph. The worst thing is, I am starting to believe them, so I am going to be so upset when I weigh in at my new WW class next week and I am my real weight. Bloody things. Although Matt is also fairly annoyed as they still show him at the right weight and he'd like them to tell him a few porkies. I need to look harder for that "Lie to me switch."

I did contemplate Boots, and I even hovered around the scales in there yesterday, but they talk to you... and I had some irrational fear they would blurt out my weight for the world to hear and I am not quite ready for public humiliation just yet.

Last night was very busy, One of my best friend's Hen weekend begins today, so I had a lot of preparation to do. I am not the most creative of ladies at all (much to my dismay), but I whipped up some Mr. & Mrs. Cards and was most pleased with the result.

Ok I lie, I am not very pleased with them as they look fairly shabby (and not shabby chic) but it's the thought that counts, hey.

I also baked a penis shaped chocolate cake (which I should perhaps spare you the photo of as its a bit unpleasant..... ok, maybe I'll stick it at the end so you can avoid if you are offended by penis shaped baked goods as I'm fairly proud of my efforts, such a classy lady I am!) and wrapped up a miriad of penis paraphernalia which I am sure my dear friend will be over the moon with:


Doesn't every girl long for a penis pepper pot or egg fryer? How many times can I say the word penis in one post??

So we're heading into London tonight and staying in an apartment by London Bridge. The weather is set to be fab, so fingers crossed for a wonderful weekend. We don't have a lot planned, but I am sure alcohol will feature fairly heavily, so I'll have to try and remain focused.

I've had 2 mini shortbreads for breakfast (healthy) which gave me a massive palpitation that scared the bejesus out of me... ok perhaps it wasn't the shortbread, but if I believe it was, I perhaps won't trough any more. We've a company lunch today as one of the girls in Finance is leaving (hence the shortbread and lots of other cakey goodness which I intend to ignore) and I've pre-chosen a steak sandwich which was the healthiest item I could see on the menu.

So, plan for the weekend is to have a lovely time with my bestest girlie friends and take it easy on the booze front and make sensible choices with food. It's the best I can hope for.

I've come into work like a brazen hussy today. I'm wearing a dark grey skinny jean (which is not ideal for a large thighed girl addmittedly, but i like a lot) and a summery floaty top - which is apparently massively see-through. Not the cleverest when you work in an office full of men. The photo is to ascertain whether I can see my boobage - not in the light of the toilets anyway, so maybe I'll work in there.

I am also wearing my favourite sandals made for me by my very clever sister. See how pretty they are?


Ok so that's me. Have a lovely weekend everyone.

Don't scroll down if you don't want to see the willy cake......





Disclaimer - the cake is not to scale and not in anyway shape or form based on anyone I know. I don't take any responsibility for disappointment caused by comparing this to real ones.

:)

Ta-da!



4 comments:

  1. Well I think the cake is gorgeous - maybe I'm just deprived or maybe depraved!!! Thinking what pretty feet you have. Good luck with the rest of the weekend Zxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats brilliant Linz !! Absolutely brilliant lol !! I think you could go into business !! ;O) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there! Just came across your blog on Bryher's blogroll. I LOVE the rude cake - absolutely fabulous. Also, would you mind if I blatantly stole your idea to post daily food pictures sometime?!? Congrats on your stunning loss so far.

    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  4. well I think the wang cake looks delicious!!

    lovvveeee your sandals! How jealous am I!?? I want a talented sister!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment!