I am finding this whole healthy eating business really hard at the moment. I was initially overjoyed with the new pro points system and was rewarded with a good loss. Since then, I have lost the plot completely. Not because I want to eat all sorts of crap, but because my life is so damned busy, I am struggling to plan anything.
Work is ridiculous still, I can't see it getting any better this side of Christmas, couple that with my incessant night's out and you have a major diet disaster. I _need_to_stay_in_more.
Last week went something like this:
Monday - pub, 2 glasses of wine, food (belly pork with mustard mash - great idea), home, more wine
Tuesday - out with work, much sparkling stuff, curry, very late night.
Wednesday - pub, 1 glass of wine, much diet coke, food, bed at 2030
Thursday - pub lunch (hot beef sandwich), 2 spritzers, evening, out with girls I worked with at DHL for Mezze, 1 glass of wine
Friday - out with a couple of friends, wine, food, late night.
Saturday - lunch with friends, starting at 1pm and finishing at 10pm. Copious amounts of prosecco and red wine. Possibly a kebab on the way home, but that is a bit hazy.
Sunday - ATP Tennis final at the O2 preceded by lunch at Gaucho (300g Rib Eye Steak - amazing)
And here we go again....
I've not been weighed for 2 weeks. I have not pointed for 2 weeks either. On the plus side, I am so busy at work, I am not spending my days reaching for food to pass the time. The downside is, I am eating what I can grab. I am still aware of making healthier choices, but I've not pointed a morsel for days (maybe weeks).
I am also drinking far too much. Admittedly, alcohol has always been something I am fairly partial to, but I seem to be spending a fair amount of my spare time in the pub.
So, the plan of action is... well, I am not sure I have one. I have managed to cancel social arrangements tomorrow and Thursday, so I will be able to be better. Work is not going to get any better before January, so I just need to cope with it as best I can.
Wish me luck people, I am going to need all the help I can get to turn this around!
Good luck!
ReplyDeleteIt's sooo hard to have an active social life and stay on track. I have managed one teetotal evening in the pub recently, but when everyone else is getting in the festive mood, I feel a bit Grinch like sitting in the corner with my Diet Coke.
Just do your best for the next few weeks - and if that means maintaining until January then so be it. You have to be realistic and fair to yourself with what you can achieve.
Sx
Hey love, I think everyone is the same at this time of year, as the last comment said, if you can just maintain until start of 2011 that would be fab and get on it properly in Jan, thats what I plan to do anyway! Good luck and don't beat yourself up, just get out there and enjoy!! xx
ReplyDeleteHi, thanks so much for following my blog - I'm very new to this whole thing!
ReplyDeleteI've been reading your blog for a while now and have been encouraged by your persistence. I gained nearly 15kg in the last 14 months which is very upsetting. I just try to remind myself how bad it could have been if I hadn't kept trying to lose weight. I could be up 30kg instead.
I guess in short, the comments above about just trying to maintain are really spot on.
Hope you have a good week, and thanks again!
This time of year *is* difficult, because more than any other time of year, we're forced to decide whether we want to make a change or not, and whether we want to sacrifice all or part of our old social lives for the god of weight loss. I'll be the first to admit that I like to resort to my old habits, and really go hell for leather on a night out, but I also remember that this time last year, and also when I first started Weightwatchers, I got in the habit of not drinking on some of the nights out, and I had just as much fun as the ones where I was drinking. Plus no hangover. Maybe just aim to have a night per week where you go out and don't drink, and see how it feels. Or one night where you make the conscious decision to eat a meal out and make the choices that keep you on track. After all - you don't have to "treat" yourself every meal out - it's not a treat if you have it everytime - it's just a meal! Enjoy this time of year, and time spent with friends and family, and don't beat yourself up - but also don't lose sight of the fact, that a lot of the trappings of this time of year are marketing-derived ... and you know you'll have fun, *and* feel good if you stay on track at least some of the time! Love ya,
ReplyDeleteSue x
(and yes - this is totally my plan for the season too!)
OMG,I totally hear you on this one.I've de-railed completely and don't see it improving over the festive season.Contemplating a plan of action as we speak.Good luck!xx
ReplyDeletebeen a few days since you've posted. hope things are getting better!
ReplyDelete