I survived a weekend of debauchery in Oxford, I'd love to say with my Slimming World halo in tact, but that would be a slight lie. We drank a lot and for most of Saturday. I didn't eat too horrifically, but I did drink a lot of Wine, Champagne, Gin and the odd Cocktail. Still, it was a lovely weekend with some of my best friends, so I won't stress overly.
Can I just say however, that punting, with a load of alcohol on board is a dangerous idea. We nearly capsized more than once, we lost the pole a few times and the Hen nearly went for a swim on more than one occasion. Hilarious, but bloody scary! I refused to have a go at punting, on the basis that I can't stay upright on dry land, so my attempts would more than likely capsize the boat - and with a pregnant lady on board.... well that would be bad.
We punted to a pub where we were able to have a picnic - I baked these items especially for the day. Never let it be said I am not classy!
Post punting, we went for cocktails, then dinner and then onto a club - I felt incredibly old. You know you are getting on in years when you are looking at the rest of the clientele and working out if you are old enough to be their mother. I finally got to bed at 0330. Ouch.
Since Sunday, I have felt ravenous. I am presuming that's due to a very boozy Saturday. Most of what I have eaten has been in line with SW, but I've maybe eaten more than necessary. Sunday, I had a full English at the hotel (all SW friendly items of course) and then came home and made a massive lasagne, again SW friendly packed with tons of veg, but I ate a lot of it. Yesterday, I had egg on toast for breakfast, then left over lasagne, then a salad and then a home made lamb & rosemary burger last night with home made wedges and more salad followed by cherries and fat free yoghurt - and nothing is satisfying me.
Gah.
Today, I am downing water like it's running out in a bid to satiate myself. I've had more cherries and yoghurt for breakfast, Lunch is home made bacon and mushroom risotto with a spinach salad and then I am meeting friends tonight for dinner. I am going to stick to the plan of seeing it as a normal meal - not an excuse to treat myself... so I am thinking I'll either go for the bubble and squeak croquettes or maybe the lamb shoulder. Either way, I am going to track it all and not see a night out as an excuse to go mad.
I think this week, WI will move to Friday in an attempt to give me time to recover. I can't be doing with any setbacks.
Wish me luck.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking time to comment!