Wednesday, 24 August 2011

WI and wedding dress

The scales have me the same as last week. This is not bad, considering, but it's also a bit rubbish given last week I was a pound up. I need to sort this out. I am starting to lose patience with myself. If I believed in all that star sign stuff, I'd say I was displayed true Gemini qualities here - one half of me is thinking eff it, what's the point and my other, less evil half is thinking stop sodding well messing around young lady. I'm constantly battling with myself at the moment.

I'm also scared of how unfit I have become. I need to just bite the bullet and get on with some form of movement, my whole aim for weight loss is to be more healthy and that's just not going to happen unless I start to move my sorry arse. I'm suffering with my back again and I'm fairly sure it's because I am not doing anything that could help strengthen it.

I'm still eating fairly well  during the week so I just need to carry on in the same vein at the weekends. Love Cat really struck a chord with me in this post. Take control now and make the moment count. Well I shall bloody well try.

My sister is coming to stay on Saturday and we are going to try on a wedding dress (well just me obviously since she is already married). Gulp. If that doesn't spur me on to shift some poundage, I don't know what will. I am already fearing being bulldog clipped into it. They've only got a size 14 in the shop at the moment (but it is available up to a 24) - but the kind lady assures me that won't be a problem. Ahem. Anyway - this is the current dress of my dreams. I am sure I'll hate it on Saturday once I've tried to squeeze my large breasticles into it.



Sunday we are off to a Food Festival in Oxford (seriously, why do I do this to myself) so that is going to be a lesson in restraint, but the rest of the weekend is, as yet, unplanned.

I'm working from home the next 2 days as we have the joy of the Reading Festival taking place across the river from the flat. This means my usual 25 minute commute to work becomes a 2 hour horror story so I am not even going to attempt it. I am going to use this time to try and get back into the exercise malarkey. Please shout at me if I don't report any form of movement in the next few days.

8 comments:

  1. Wow hon,that's absolutely beautiful! I'm sure you will look absolutely gorgeous in it.xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely dress- and seriously, a food festival!? You ARE making it hard for yourself. Can't you take up another hobby to replace your Food hobby? Zumba is good! Or maybe netball or football where there is a team you'll let down if you don't turn up. There's a group of us who go swimming one lunchtime at work and I know if I don't go, the others won't be able to either. It certainly helps with commitment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No way, that dress is took beautiful to ever hate :-)
    and I'll second the Zumba hobby idea, its really fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow what an amazing dress i love it! it almost makes me want to get married!

    i need to find an exercise hobby as well, enjoy the food festival but not tooo much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooo that's such a pretty dress. Best advice I can give is always give yourself a get out. Like for the food festival, look at what you can eat rather than what you're not going to be able to. And focus and look forward to that :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah yes, I've also seen and loved that dress. Let me know how you get on.


    Px

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very lovely dress!

    Enjoy the food festival - I guess one should try and have a vague strategy in place beforehand! But yep, example # 1001 of ways in which Life gets in the way of Diet.

    Sx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment!