That's how yesterday was for me - just Meh.
I've started to stress that my wedding is not overly stressful, so clearly there must be something wrong. I believe I am some sort of fruit loop. I was awake most of Sunday night worrying that the wedding was an elaborate hoax. I mean, it can't be possible to arrange a wedding over email with just the odd phone call.... can it? I have been known to get up in the middle of the night to Google my wedding planner... just to make sure she does actually exist. Don't tell anyone though, as that really does make me sound mad.
I also dreamt on Sunday that the wedding invites turned up and they were random photos of other people stuck onto Christmas cards. This caused me a great deal of stress when I awoke. Why does everything seem stressful at night when you are lying in bed? Thankfully, I can confirm that the invites are exactly as I'd hoped.
Love them!
Upon arriving at work yesterday, I was already in a self inflicted grump, only to trap my cardigan in the car door leaving me with mostly just a sleeve. Not a good look. That saw me furtively hanging around Peacocks at 9am, waiting for them to open. Maybe I need to stop buying cheap clothes, they clearly can't withstand the door of a Fiat 500 and a 20 stone woman stomping into work.
Work was fairly mental as usual, so my mood didn't overly improve... so you can imagine how much I was looking forward to PT last night. Let me just say, it was hideous, every time I think I'm going to cope, he takes it to another level. My thighs today feel like they will explode if I try and get out of my chair, my arms are incapable of anything other than typing and my stomach muscles can just about cope with the movement of breathing... On the plus side, I can definitely see an improvement in myself and am really noticing the difference from when I started. I've booked in for a Health MOT next week to see if I am any fitter than I was. It had better show me good things otherwise I will be majorly mardy.
Aside from the grump of yesterday, we had a lovely weekend in Devon.
If you ever need to visit Tavistock, I implore you to stay here. Absolutely lovely and a very good breakfast too. We spent the weekend with friends so there was a fair bit of alcohol involved (Rugby and footy watching seems to encourage pints of cider) but we walked a fair bit and ate minimally - there is a lot to be said for a good breakfast. The B&B had their own chickens - so the eggs were absolutely amazing. I wonder if keeping chickens whilst living in a flat is a possibility....
Also, I need to thank you all for commenting on my fat bride post the other day too - it means a lot that you all take the time to comment. Makes me a little bit teary, but that's par for the course at the moment. But seriously - thank you.
So - this week continues in another whirlwind of events. Tonight Matt is cooking dinner (I cannot be doing with the whole Valentine's thing), tomorrow I am meeting friends after work and then we fly off to Dusseldorf on Thursday for the weekend.
Not sure with that little lot, quite when I will fit in another gym session, but I shall try and shoehorn it in somewhere.
Happy Valentine's day everyone!
Happy Valentines to you too! I love Devon but haven't been for years...how can that be?
ReplyDeleteLesley x
I had to laugh at this - I had exactly the same thing a few months before our wedding, worrying about not being stressed enough! It will kick in, don't worry ;-)
ReplyDeleteSx