Wednesday, 7 March 2012

Wedding chat

Just a quick wedding update as I feel it's been a while since I bored you all.

The invites went out a few weeks ago, so it all feels very real now. I still bloody love these!



I am still having the odd panic that this is not actually happening and it's some elaborate hoax, but since we are dragging (my Mothers word) everyone to Italy, at least everyone can have a nice holiday if we have been scammed...

As I mentioned, I spent the weekend at home. My little sister is very creative and is doing my wedding shoes, bouquet, button  holes for the men and little pomanders for my nieces. So, I've been purchasing buttons of late like they are about to be rationed.

She has managed to turn this little lot:


Into this:




How flipping clever is she? I did assist in that I spent hours threading buttons onto wire, my fingers were bloody sore by the end of Saturday but that's the limit of the credit I can take. It's not quite finished yet, but I totally love it. Next job is my shoes, I just have to find some that I can actually walk in for her to customise.

My nieces tried on their bridesmaids dresses again and they totally love them. What's not to like about red and white polka dots and a big, swishy skirt.


My eldest niece has been totally adorable and has bought me all manner of red accessories (well, she's forced my sister to buy them) so I now have a red handbag, red strawberry sunglasses, a red bracelet, a red and white lip balm and she's found the tiara's they are wearing above and shoes for her and her sister which I need to order.



So it all feels like it's coming together. Can you tell I like red?? In 6 months time, I'll be married. Eeeeek.




1 comment:

  1. Those button bouquets are absolutely genius, I love them!!!

    And I love the little bridesmaid dresses as well - so pretty.

    Sx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment!