Thursday, 17 June 2010

Random ramblings

I've been a tad quiet on the blogging and commenting front the last couple of days so I must try and have a bit of a catch up with you all once I get a minute. The diet is going ok, but work has been manic and the Parentals have been down so I've not really had a moment to myself.

I picked said Parentals up from the station on Tuesday morning after they had spent a few days in London (apparently Sister Act is brilliant if anyone fancies a London Show). Cue my dad huffing and puffing about the size of my car and not being able to fit their MASSIVE suitcase into the boot. Why they needed a suitcase the size of a house for a 4 day trip is beyond me but my Parents don't seem to travel light at all. Bless 'em. We spent a bit of time at the flat (I was 'working' from home) and enjoyed the Sun and then we headed to our local Greek restaurant for dinner. Very pleasant. I tried to make more sensible choices, limited my wine intake insisted we walk to and from the Restaurant. Not bad for me I think.

Yesterday the weather was amazing. I came into work for a few hours in the morning and had a wardobe malfunction which meant I couldn't eat until 3pm or get myself to Weigh In. I was wearing a lovely pair of brand new sandals as purchased for me by my sister for my birthday from River Island:


Imagine my horror when I stepped out of the office on my way to get weighed and the toe post broke. Which saw me with an ankle strap and a shoe flapping around all over the place. Clearly I couldn't walk anywhere so I had to scurry back to the office (as best I could with a flappy shoe) and hide under my desk. If I worked with any women, I could have asked for an emergency flip flop purchase and a sarnie for lunch, but the men in my office just look scared if you ask for a favour. Thankfully I was leaving at 2pm so I could drive home bare foot and recover my foot dignity.

Last night as the weather was so good, I popped to our local butchers and purchased some top quality burgers and steaks and did a mini BBQ (apparently according to moaning father, it's been at leat 14 years since he went to a BBQ not hosted by him and my mother as everyone takes advantage of his good nature (!!???) - I swear that man exaggerates too much, must be where I get it from). I filled up on Salad and one burger (no bun) and a steak and one tinsy tiny Blackcurrant Cider. Go me.

Last day of the working week for me as we're off to a Wedding tomorrow in Ross-on-Wye. I've decided on the stripey dress (my mother said it looked lovely on me and she is the first to tell me when I look like a fat old bag) so I need to pop out now and get some industrial strength pants to keep everything in check.

In other news, I am having my flat valued today with the potential to sell it soon. Scary stuff, but after 2 years of being a landlord, I want rid. I seem to find the worlds pickiest tenants - I've bent over backwards to accomodate them (at great expense, in fact I probably should have just paid them to stay there) and they still want to move out early so I'm done with my stint as a property magnate. Fingers crossed I get a good valuation and a quick sale so I can be done with it.

Right, I am quite clearly off on one so I shall bid you farewell and head out into the sunshine on an industrial pant hunt. Happy Thursday people.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Linz, will definately invest! I love the shoes, they are gorgeous, but I hope you shout at River Island for making a rubbish pair! I had some lovely flat red sling backs that snapped one day at work and I could have cried, now everyone laughs at me for having spare shoes in the car...meanies!

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep - sound like you've got it together and your head's in a better place. Well done you! Buggar about the shoes though. Enjoy the wedding Zxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment!