Sunday, 20 June 2010

Weekend round up

Hello People. What a lovely weeked it has been. Fairly busy Friday and Saturday and very relaxing today. I could get used to 3 day weekends.

Friday we got up bright and earlyish and drove over to Ross-on-Wye for the wedding. We arrived at the hotel a couple of hours before the ceremony so were able to get changed and grab a quick sarnie for lunch as I knew I'd be chewing my arm off if we didn't have a little something beforehand. The wedding was lovely, I drank more than I'd planned (but it was vodka and slimline tonic as opposed to wine), but definitely ate less so I am hoping it kind of balanced itself out. I danced a lot so loads of exercise as well. Here is me in the stripy dress, not the best picture but you get the idea. I had a couple of compliments on it, so I felt fairly happy with my choice. Just a bit too much leg on show for my liking, but I suppose once I finally get round to losing more weight, they won't be such a trauma for me.


Yesterday we had a full english breakfast in the hotel before heading off to Cheltenham for a look around as I've never had the pleasure. Loads of walking and a Costa Coffee stop were about the size of it. I did try and persuade Matt we should go to the Food and Drink Festival that was taking place, but he convinced me it was a bad idea since we were both still stuffed from Breakfast and would end up eating just because we were there. He's quite wise at times.

After that, we drove to Stow on the Wold. What a lovely place. Spent an hour wandering around and looking in the shops. Very pleasant. I have to confess to us buying some delicious bread and butter, a pork pie and a couple of cakes from gorgeous deli type shop. Not overly healthy, but for once we've not scoffed them all immediately just because we had them. Came home and watched the film Grand Torino which was thoroughly enjoyable with half a cake and a nice cup of tea. That was it for the the day, so in terms of food, I kind of did ok.

Today I actually indulged in some exercise. The weather is gorgeous so we got up and played tennis. I've learnt not to wear my watch when exercising as I don't spend my whole time trying to work out if I've done enough yet. 1 hour later, I actually felt knackered. A proper achievement for me of late.

Since then, I've had a quarter of the pork pie with salad and chutney and spent the rest of the afternoon lazing in the Garden enjoying the sun - how very pleasant.


I've another fairly busy week ahead, out tomorrow to see a friend for dinner and then one of my best mates is heading down to London from Liverpool on Friday and we're all staying in an apartment we've rented near the South Bank. It's her Hen Do - but we're not allowed to call it that.... So it's a girls weekend in London. I've a few things to try and sort before then to make it a little bit special for her....

And that's me. I'm off back outside now to catch the rest of the sun before it heads off and we're back to winter once again - probably tomorrow.

Have fun people.

4 comments:

  1. Been a busy bee then eh! You look great, wish I had more guts to wear a dress. xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dress looks lovely (and so do you!). Sounds like you're back in control and choosing what you will or won't eat. Great stuff. Zxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What lovely pictures. You look absolutely stunning!

    Have a good SUMMER week.

    XX

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment!