Wednesday, 12 January 2011

Flashing.

Thanks for all of your well wishes on Monday. I had a fairly lazy afternoon and actually managed to get Matt to wait on me - a rarity I can assure you! I'm feeling fine, back to work yesterday and just a few cramps to contend with, so all is good.

What is not so good, is my Christmas and New Year weight gain of 6.5 pounds. To be honest, I expected more. I felt completely bloated before WI last night and I've not exactly been tracking for the last 4 or 5 weeks. This does take me back up to 1.5 stone heavier than my lowest ever weight (in recent times anyway) and I am not overly impressed with that statistic.

As if to bring home my lardiness to me, I suffered a fairly unfortunate incident yesterday when getting into my car to go home from work. I try to wear light weight clothes on a Tuesday (one can't be getting weighed in a Jean) and I have a pair of ASOS Curve baby cord trousers which I really like, but they are incredibly thin - almost flimsy if you like. I've noticed my fat thighs had caused a bit of wear between the legs, so I have been trying not to wear them overly. Anyway, imagine my horror when I got into the car yesterday to hear a ripping sound - the whole back of the trouser had given way - from my knee to my rather large bottom. I am just fairly thankful it happened on my way home. Imagine if I'd not noticed and spent the day at work exposing myself.


I did however have to collect after work, so I had to try and fashion my cardigan in such a manner that it protected my modesty. I think the fashion world is missing my talents. 

Anyway, my enthusiasm for WW has now returned. I have pointed today, I have my iPhone back so I have downloaded the new app which will be very useful. I am hopeful of a good week and fairly convinced I can shed some of this extra poundage before long. I even managed to go to the pub last night (once I had changed my trousers of course) and stick to Lime and Soda. Wonders will never cease. Still not sure what exercise I can do for the next few weeks, but I am going to try and walk a bit more. Every little helps.

6 comments:

  1. Well done on the enthusiasm! I'm feeling a bit resentful and grumpy about the whole thing which definitely doesn't help.

    Px

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no - I've had that happen to me with the trousers before .... except it happened mid-morning and I didn't have a cardigan, so I had to edge around with my back to cabinets all morning til I get buy some new trousers on my lunchbreak!

    I think most people seemed to have gained around the same amount over Xmas, so I wouldn't worry - you're certainly not alone! I gained 4lbs over Xmas, but that doesn't take account of the December's steady creep up ... 7lbs all told! I'm loving the iPhone app though - so handy to be able to look up and calculate on the move, even if updating the tracker no the move takes a month of Sundays! :o)Glad you're on the mend - you'll be back out on the Hill of Doom in no time! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are on the mend and got your lovely bf to look after you, fab! the trouser incident made me laugh out loud! Poor you but at least you had a cardigan!! (note to self always take a cardigan with you at all times!!!) You seem back on it with a vengence, go for it x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought I was the only person in the world to get the whole 'fabric rubbing between the leg' thing. All my jeans are slightly faded because of my sizeable thighs. I too am just getting back on track with the whole WW thing, I wish you lots of luck for the coming week.

    PS love the blog :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have an award for you on my blog: rejecting300.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree. Every little bit helps and to make you feel better :) I should probably be starting a regime of self-control but i am pretty bad at that stuff so maybe i shall begin bit by bit, like reaching for water instead of soft drinks because every little bit helps!

    Sorry to hear about the pants. I hate chub rub, they take away my favourite bottoms away.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment!