Monday, 10 January 2011

Not a flying start

Today, I have  mostly felt a little bit sorry for myself and eaten a KFC (3 pieces of chicken and some gravy - no fries, how restrained) and 2 chocolate biscuits.

In my defence, I went to the hospital this morning and ended up having a procedure to remove a part of my cervix (although why I still feel the need to medicate with food is something I will never understand) which I felt compelled to watch on a tv screen. Suffice to say, it was not the most pleasant thing to watch, but I couldn't tear my eyes away from the screen! Thankfully my very squeamish boyfriend stayed in the waiting room so I was able to ask all sorts of questions without fear of him fainting. Big, brave boy that he is.  Hopefully, they have now removed all of the bad cells and I will be fine. I should know for definite in around 6 weeks time.

Obviously when the doctor told me to take it easy for the rest of the day, I took her at her word, so I've not really moved too far from the sofa since I got home. I don't need any encouragement to be a lazy cow!

So, the bad news is - no strenuous exercise or swimming for 4-6 weeks. I guess I can still go walking and do 'gentle' exercise, but I'll not be throwing myself back into spinning any time soon.

Dinner is planned (Shepherd's Pie with extra lean mince and lot of vegetables) and Salad is prepared for tomorrow. I can get my eating back on track, I'll just have to try and lose weight without flinging myself around a gym for the next month.

The dreaded WI takes place tomorrow, I've pinned my hopes on a bit less of a gain given part of me has been removed this morning.... am I pushing it do you think?? :) I'll let you know the hideous result tomorrow, once I've picked myself back up off the floor.

7 comments:

  1. I think you deserved that KFC! That sounds scary. Hope all goes well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Linz.

    I'm sorry you had to go through that and I know exactly what its like. Don't overdo it for a couple of weeks but walking in a few days time should be okay but I wouldn't do more that that (speaking from experience)!
    Don't beat yourself up over a kfc, get well and feel good and get back to it.

    Sending love your way.
    Vics

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hiya !! :O) ......Hope your feeling ok Linz ... and good luck with your weigh in tomorrow lovie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Linz - I think you're pretty brave to have actually watched and to be sounding so calm - I'm not sure I'd have been that strong. Here's hoping the next tests come back all clear. I don't think you can blame yourself for a KFC after something that stressful - that's a pretty out-there scenario. Good to hear that you're heading for getting your eating on plan, even without the exercise - I'm sure you'll still get a loss anyway, and even just boosting your (gentle) walking a bit will help! Love ya, Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww, poor you. Take care of yourself.

    Px

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh dear, I think that KFC was probably well deserved. Not the most pleasant start to the new year, but hopefully all uphill from here?!? Good luck for your WI - and take care of yourself in the meantime.

    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  7. aww love, sounds traumatic! Hope you are feeling ok, defo forget about the KFC (you were acutally very restrained!, think I would have eaten the shop!!) Make sure you take it easy love lorr xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment!