Happy Monday people (is that a contradiction in terms?). I am back - somewhat exhausted, from a lovely girlie weekend in Leeds. My eating has been suspect, in fact, it's been fairly mindless.
We arrived quite late on Friday night at the apartment we had rented. The other girls, who had arrived earlier, had bought a few nibbles from M&S along with wine. I honestly can't tell you exactly what I ate, but there was definitely falafel, tortilla chips, nuts and king prawns involved somewhere. We were too busy gossiping and drinking for me to be overly mindful of my consumption. Bad.
Saturday, another friend arrived early, so we had some breakfast, many cups of tea and then went exploring in Leeds. What a great place - have never been before, but I really liked it there, it's definitely a place I will visit again. We had lunch in the Corn Exchange (rare roast beef and blue cheese sandwich for me), did some shopping, had afternoon tea and then came back to the apartment to get ready for the night's festivities. We did a fair amount of walking, so at least there was some exercise (although that was most definitely negated by the cream scone I consumed).
We were staying very close to Brewery Wharf, so we ended up there for dinner at a Fine Dining Indian called Cafe Guru. I opted for Masaala Ki Dastie (seared lamb steak topped with bombay potatoes and minted masaala sauce) which was delicious. Much wine also was consumed. We then went for drinks and a bit of a boogie. I was chatted up by a 21 year old - I presume he was participating in some form of 'Grab a Granny' competition as the bar was full of young, scantily clad, gorgeous girls, but it was flattering all the same :) A few mojito's and G&T's later we headed back to the apartment for more gossiping. A couple of the girls have young children, so it was lovely for them to have a bit of 'me' time.
I think on both Friday and Saturday, we didn't get to bed til past 3am, I am not used to such late nights, I slept really well last night!
Yesterday was a bit of a rush. We went for lunch at Yates's (for fear of appearing a food snob, I am usually scared of places that do 2 main meals for £6, so I was somewhat sceptical) and I had possibly the worst Fish and Chips known to man (I needed a bit of grease for hangover beating purposes, so that's allowed). How you can over fry fish so badly, it disintegrates, I will fail to understand. Yuck.
Me and Alex then ran for our train for the first leg of the journey to Birmingham. After the minging Fish and Chips, I consoled myself with a Beef and Ale Pasty in Birmingham New Street station while we had 30 mins to kill- so a really healthy day for me.... We ended up back in Reading around 6pm, having left Leeds at 2pm, which wasn't too bad.
Last night I whizzed up some delicious Mushroom Soup (Mushrooms, Onions, tiny knob of butter, Garlic, Chicken Stock, splash of Sherry - voila) which I had for dinner - although I wasn't in the slightest bit hungry, I fail to understand why I still eat, just because it's a meal time. I really need to start listening to my body a bit more.
Today, I am feeling a bit more in control. I have a bit of a food hangover from the weekend and I feel fairly hungry - so am guzzling liquids in an attempt to fill me up. I've only one night out this week (plus another weekend away) so hopefully, I will be a bit more in control than I managed last week. I am not looking forward to WI tomorrow night, I can't see it being overly favourable.
I think I'll need to change the focus of this blog from Weight Loss, to a flipping Social Diary if I don't pull my finger out. Healthy eating will resume today. Honest.
glad you had fun in Leeds Linz, I used to live there but somehow didn't get on with it too well. I think it was more to do with the evil boyfriend I had at the time rather than the place, I remember there being a really nice champagne bar....yum!
ReplyDeleteI am joining you on the pro points; seems to be going well so far. Am using my "fun points" every day for when I go over, as I'm greedy and love my food! Am hoping to cain it this week and get a big loss before I have to go to hospital and hve my gall bladder out. Erk!!!
Have not heard of Cafe Guru but your dinner sounded gorge - to be fair, working in Leeds I tend to avoid it like the plague when it comes to socialising, which is probably my loss! Good luck getting stuck back in :)
ReplyDeleteSx