On the exercise front, I did a 3 mile walk, 2 bouts of Zumba on the Wii (after which I couldn't move) and another 2 mile walk - nothing amazing, but definite progress. My dancing skills are suspect. I always thought I had rhythm but clearly I have been kidding myself.
The weekend was lovely. Reading Festival was really loud - we could hear everything from our flat, but managed to sleep thanks to ear plugs and wine. Friday night involved a SW friendly curry and a couple of drinks plus series 2 of The Inbetweeners. Nothing too earth shattering.
Saturday was a tad stressful with the wedding dress shopping. The shop was lovely and had a large selection of Plus size dresses - but they all looked the bloody same to me. The dress in my last post, that I was in love with, was actually a size 12. So I got in it, and I still loved it, but it was impossible to tell really if it looked nice or not since it was held up by the shop owner. I tried on a few horrors, one which I thought I'd hate but looked nice and I am still no further forward in deciding on the dress.
We spent Sunday with friends and my sister at a Food Festival in Oxford. It was a lovely day, I ate a bit too much, although again nothing too SW unfriendly - Thai Chilli Beef noodles, 1 Churro, some parma ham and a couple of glasses of Champagne. I managed not to buy too much either - although we did come back with some delicious popcorn for future cinema visits. Seriously - this stuff is amazing (caramel and sea salt and goats cheese and black pepper - to die for).
Since then, nothing major to report. Monday we had a BBQ before taking my sister back to the airport. I was supposed to be out last night with friends in London, but all 4 of us managed to forget, so that saved me some syns. The rest of the week will be spent counting down the days until the weekend. We've a friend's wedding to attend on Saturday and then Sunday we are Vegas bound. I cannot wait.
My current plan of survival for 12 days in the US is:
- Walk every morning for at least 20 mins - well this is Matt's plan so I am going to attempt it.
- Swim every day.
- Eat two meals a day - 3 are not required when eating massive portions.
- Try and stick to the basics of SW when making meal choices.
- Don't drink booze every single day.
- Don't stuff your face just because you are on holiday. You don't need to eat 24 pancakes for breakfast, just because you can.
- Don't scream too much when you see Matt Goss. You are no longer a 14 year old Brossette... (Ok that's nothing to do with weight loss but I need to remember it).
I am joining a SW class when I come back - I clearly can't be trusted on my own.
I don't think that you can't be trusted on your own, I think that you (like everybody else!) sometimes find that life gets in the way of dieting!
ReplyDeleteA maintain during a busy socialising weekend is pretty good going and deserves plenty of credit.
I've had my wedding dress made from a picture by a local dressmaker which took out the trauma of having to go and try on teeny weeny sample sizes. I'm wondering if I'll feel like I've missed out in years to come...I hope not!
Sx
I have a (first ever!) trip to the US coming up and am v scared about the amount of weight I could pile on. Will be watching your progress with interest.
ReplyDeletePx