Sunday, 7 August 2011

Synless Sunday (almost)

Final day of my weekend in Brum. I promise to try and be a bit more interesting after this!

I hit the breakfast buffet again this morning and after much umming and ahhing, I decided I could perhaps have a fairly syn free cooked breakfast.

Egg, bacon and beans. Probably a syn or 2 for any oil.




This totally hit the spot. Thank god there was no black pudding or fried bread, I'd have struggled to resist those.

We then spent a few hours shopping (my mother can shop for Britain) and finished off with a skinny latte in Pret. I'm counting the milk as my a healthy extra. I had my walking app on whilst we wandered and we apparently clocked up 4.2 miles. My feet would lead me to believe this is true. Exercise done.

The train back home was pretty packed so we upgraded to first class for a tenner each, total bargain for a much more pleasant journey. However, this does mean free drinks and snacks. I stuck to diet coke and tea and politely refused the shortbread and I bloody love shortbread. Go me.

For dinner, I rustled up this little beauty. Roast chicken with dry roast spuds, runner beans, mashed carrots, cabbage dry fried with lean bacon and onions with stuffing and Bisto (synful)


This was amazing if I do say so myself.

For once, I've had a fairly decent crack at slimming world at the weekend. I'm almost proud of myself and have shown I can do it if I think things through. Those scales better be kind this week.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a good weekend in Brum, hope the parent introductions went well? Well done for resisting the shortbread, free food is always a toughie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you could fast become my SW guru. Loads of ideas there.

    Cheers hon and keep it up!!

    Lesley xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment!