Wednesday, 1 February 2012

500th post - I am a failure

This is my 500th post on this here blog - a bit of a milestone for me. I expected I'd be a hell of lot lighter than I was when I started out. In fact I think I vowed that I'd never be back to that hideous weight... well here it is people... I am a failure. I am back where I started.

I am exercising pretty well - I feel a hell of a lot fitter than I did a few months ago - but unless the scales are playing some sort of hideous trick on me, I am getting fatter every week. So that just leaves one thing - I am eating too much or I am eating completely the wrong things. I thought I'd had one bad day this week - i..e. Sunday. Turns out every day must've been bad as the scales have me 4 pounds up again this week. I mean that's some serious lardy action by anyone's standards. I just don't know what the hell is going on with my head.

Drastic action is required. We were meant to go out for dinner tonight - that has been cancelled. I can't trust myself to make good choices. We are off to Edinburgh on Friday with 15 of our friends for the Rugby - obviously this is not something we can/ want to cancel - but I have cancelled the lunch we were going to have on Friday afternoon (we arrive a lot earlier than everyone else) at the Witchery. As much as I really want to go, something has to give.

So here are the social events I've to navigate my way around in the coming weeks:

  • This weekend - Edinburgh. Cancelled lunch, drink only on Saturday. Stick to SW friendly foods at all other times. Strictly no shortbread, haggis or deep fried anything.
  • Next weekend - Tavistock to see friends. Walk a lot. Drink only one of the nights. Stick to SW friendly foods - maybe see if we can rearrange for a later date... 
  • The following weekend - Dusseldorf for 3 nights. Limit alcohol. Walk a lot. Stick to SW friendly foods. 
  • End of Feb - Matt's birthday weekend. We've a night in a Spa hotel including dinner on the Sunday - but should be good for the rest of the weekend. 
  • The weekend after that - home to my parents for a weekend. Should be able to stick to diet and limit booze. Take dogs for walks?
  • Then - 10 days in Cyprus.... Aaarghhhhh. Limit alcohol, walk and swim as much as possible. Eat as much fresh fruit and veg and lean meat as possible. Try not to use the "eff it I'm on holiday" attitude.
I get married in 8 months, so I've still got time to make a difference. I just need to work out how the hell to do it.


5 comments:

  1. You're absolutely not a failure - look at how amazing you're being with your personal training? I have no idea why you'd have a gain of 4lbs but you know that can't be true. By all means plan yourself some tactics to maximise your chances of success but really don't give up hope - you're doing well.

    Px

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not a failure, Linz, but it is horrible when you get caught in the upward part of the weightloss spiral. I think most people go through cycles of it, I know I do, and breaking out of it is hard. We do so much hard work to lose the weight, and it sometimes feels like the slightest relaxation of the rules causes it all to go back on. I tend to find that when that's happening to me, it's because I'm choosing to ignore all the little things going in my mouth, and then telling myself that the occasional one off bad thing just matter. The only way I can get back under control is to be super-strict and get on the portion control. But I do find one night of alcohol can throw a whole week out of whack, not just for the amount of points I drink, but also because I personally make crappy choices when I do. Is it worth nuking the alcohol completely for a while?

    Either way, you're still fighting this and caring, so it's by no means a failure. Chin up, love xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely not a failure! All you're having is a blip. And you deserve massive, sparkly kudos for all that amazing exercise you're doing.

    Fitting life around...let's not say dieting, let's say "making good choices" is soooo hard. But you're doing exactly the right thing, looking to see where you can make tweaks and changes without turning into a hermit.

    Keep on keeping on.

    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your 500th post. There is no way you're a failure. You're on a plan, you're exercising and training to become GI Linz and you're actually bothered about weightloss. If you were a failure you'd not be thinking or doing any of that!

    In agreement to what Starfish has said, can you give up the booze a bit? I know it's easier for me to say because I don't drink much but it might give you a bit of a boost and you can make up for it after your wed.

    Have a fab time in Scotland, I got engaged there so have fab memories x

    ReplyDelete
  5. How mich do u weigh? Im 240 and like u lost lots of weight in the past perhaps we could help each other? What diet r u trying? Xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment!