I had already decided to just enjoy myself and not worry overly about points, which I clearly stuck to! 3 Passion Fruit Martini's (each served with a shot of Champagne), copious glasses of wine, Goats Cheese with Puy Lentils, Rib Eye Steak with Hand Cut Chips and Bernaise Sauce and Sticky Toffee Pudding and Custard later, I skidded towards the train station to attempt to get home.... Had a fab night, although the restaurant had stuck us in the Conservatory, which has a tent for a roof... you can imagine it wasn't the warmest. We ended up getting our desserts free and a bottle of wine since we were literally frozen so that was an added bonus. I didn't eat all of my main or even half of my dessert, but I still had too much.
The snow was fairly heavy by the time I left Richmond. I fell asleep on the train and literally woke up as we pulled into Reading, then had to wait 20 minutes in a blizzard for a taxi. The taxi couldn't get up our hill and we skidded backwards a fair few times... cue me trying to scramble the rest of the way in not overly sensible footwear. I was soooooooooo cold when I got home, that I had to wear several layers in bed. I got to bed at 2am and was awake at 7am to start work.... although don't tell anyone but I've been working from bed all morning, I am just too cold to venture out! The garden looks pretty though....
Off to the Midlands tonight to visit Matt's family. I am going to try and be a bit more restrained than I was yesterday, I don't want to undo all of my hard work in one bloody week!
Have a good weekend everyone.
I'm pleased you had a good night despite the cold, I hope you have a fantastic Christmas and New Year. Like you said, 'enjoy yourself'!!
ReplyDeleteI can really identify with the performance not meeting the plan! In the past several weeks we have had several parties and I feel obligated to attend and eat and drink and ...
ReplyDeleteWith just a few weeks left in the year, I'll try to use more discretion. Good Luck doing the same!!
Warmest Holiday Wishes,
Denise Burks
www.successfulweightlossinthesuburbs.blogspot.com
We haven't had snow here ... not fair!!! We've just had the miserable, bitter cold - I feel your pain with going to bed in clothes - I've now taken to actually wearing pyjamas, cacooned in a fleece blanket under my duvet and hugging a hot water bottle ... with the window closed ... most unusual for me!!! You know what though - you say you went out not caring what points you ate, but you didn't automatically clear the plate, so that's a real change I'd say!!! Sounds like you had a fab night though!
ReplyDelete