I eventually got back to Caversham just before midnight and had to abandon my car at the bottom of the hill as there was just no chance of me getting anywhere near the flat. The roads have about 6 inches of snow and although it seems to have stopped around 2am this morning, its not melted at all.
How do we not cope in this country with a bit of snow??! This was my view on the dual carriageway - cars just at a total standstill.

Clearly there was no chance of us getting up North yesterday and it's looking increasingly unlikely we'll get out of Reading today. I am sooooo annoyed!! Think I had better pop down to Iceland and buy some emergency supplies!
9 hours (and wanting to pee, lol)!
ReplyDeleteIt is so cold, I can't believe it up here. Hope your travel plans go ahead soon.
Oh you poor, poor bunny!! Glad you got home in one piece, although that is a crazy journey by the sound of it!! That happened to me in all the floods a couple of years ago - only in my case I trashed the car in the process! Not sure why you've got all the snow and we've got none, but take plenty of care with the journey's you need to make - my flatmate's just tried to go back home to Scotland today and I wonder if she's even going to make it!
ReplyDeleteMerry Christmas
ReplyDeletexx