Monday, 7 December 2009

It all went a bit Pete Tong....

As predicted at the weekend I really struggled to stay within my points. Saturday morning started off at our local Cafe where I went for a bacon sandwich instead of the Big Breakfast that was calling my name, so far not so bad. We then headed to the station to get the train over to Twickenham for the rugby. Cue the hottest, busiest train journey ever. I think I must've lost around a stone in weight on that journey - my many layers of clothing didn't really account for fact that I would be bloody boiling on the train.

Rugby was good, atomosphere is always great at Twickenham and the game was really good to watch despite me not really understanding all of the rules.

So foodwise, Hog Roast Bap with stuffing at Twickenham Stadium , 2 ciders, 2 lagers, followed by dinner at a really nice wine bar (lots of bread and butter, olives, half a baked Camembert, Mushrooms and Leeks in cream sauce on toasted Brioche, coffee, amaretto, 1/2 a bottle of wine) - didn't exactly go according to plan really. So much so that I was actually up most of Saturday night feeling really ill - probably due to all the flipping fat I managed to consume.

My only saving grace for Saturday is that we literally walked loads (about 6 miles in total). My feet are in a right state from blisters caused by my new boots - I even had to buy some emergency shoes on Sunday to get me to Clapham! I think forcing my jeans into my already overly tight boots may have been a step too far.... well 6 miles worth of steps too far in the end.

Sunday was in much the same vein - breakfast at the hotel in Richmond (bread and cheese). 2 glasses of Mulled wine in the pub before heading to Nina's for Xmas dinner - I did actually fill my plate with the least amount of food, but I still managed to get through some smoked salmon blinis, Turkey with all of the trimmings, Chocolate Bread and Butter Pudding with Baileys Cream and Cheese - all washed down with shed loads of Prosecco and Port. Hecky Thump.

Again I felt ill last night when we got home - clearly a sign that my body doesn't like being filled with fat as much as it used to.

Anyway, no point stressing about it, damage is now done. I had a fab weekend with everyone which is what it was all about really. I'm back on track today and not even slightly hungry. It's reached 3pm and I am still feeling full from my Porridge at 8am. I am not planning on trying to bank loads of points as I think its pretty darn unlikely I can make back any sort of defecit by Wednesday. If the weekend has taught me anything, it's that I don't like the feeling I get when I overdo it and that eating lots of fatty foods makes me feel bloody ill!

1 comment:

  1. Definately don't worry about going over - as long as you had a fab weekend that is all that matters! I totally agree with you about feeling sick after a lot of "bad" foods, as I get the same feeling if I have a binge!
    Have a great week!!!
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment!