I think my car is on a mission to severely upset me this week. After the mammoth amount of money I spent last week getting it through its MOT and the cracked windscreen on Saturday, it decided it wouldn't start last night when I was leaving work. Seriously car, what is wrong with you?? Thankfully Mr. AA man was fairly prompt in arriving, diagnosing the issue (corroded earth strap by all accounts) and getting me on my way. It did mean that I ended up stuck in traffic for ever and arrived late at the pub to meet my friend Laura, so we had a rather rushed dinner and I clearly didn't make the healthiest of choices. Tuna Fishcakes with chips... Ho Hum. Very tasty but I am sure way over the 12 points I had left. I then came home and had myself a bit of left over Xmas Pudding (we still have enough to feed 25 people I hasten to add) All in all, not the best of days.
Today hasn't really been much better. I've been working from home and we are very low on supplies given we are away for the weekend and then off for Xmas to my parents next Tuesday. Food so far today has been, 1 slice of toast with reduced fat peanut butter, 1 mince pie, 2 Birds eye potato waffles and 3 Aunt Bessies Yorkshire puddings with Bisto. Random?? I've spent the last 2 hours in Costa with some friends (working of course) and I managed to avoid all cakes and just stuck to a skinny latte, but its really not shaping up to be the best day ever.
I've stuck a healthy Bolognese in the slow cooker so I'll have that later. Tomorrow's WI is not something I am overly relishing. I anticipate a gain, but lets hope its minimal. Enough to give me a kick up the jacksy, but not enough to severely annoy me.
I do love this time of year, I can't wait to go home for Christmas and spend time with my family, but there is so much temptation around it's a minefield. I feel a lot better equipped to deal with it this year though as I really don't want to end up back where I started, I feel much better educated about food, portion sizes and healthier options and I know what I need to do to shift any weight I do manage to gain over the Festive period.
I laughed when I read about the yorkshire puds. Thats totally something I would do and yes, very random
ReplyDeleteYou and me both, kiddo - I'm struggling somewhat too at the moment. It's a bit two steps forward, one large one backwards between the Xmas meals out and being so insanely busy that I haven't time to go to the supermarket -all we can do is keeping making each new day and hour the best we can and not just give up completely. Sorry to hear the car's being completely pants though - that was obviously something extra you didn't need!!
ReplyDeleteOn the other hand, we still need to enjoy this time of year, even if we are keeping an eye on what we do. You've done amazingly well this year and a couple of rich meals aren't going to undo all that, so don't panic and have fun!!
And a merry Christmas to you too. Its so bloody hard balancing it all, but I think the big thing overall is that we are at least thinking about it rather than just shovelling it in!! Zxx
ReplyDelete