Tuesday, 8 December 2009

Grown up?

I may have to work from home tomorrow which means I miss my usual weigh in - which means I have an excuse to take my eye off the ball and be a little bit lapse with my pointing. However, given the horrors of the weekend, I am determined to try and stick with it. I don't mind a STS, but I am not in the market for a gain thanks ever so.

Off to Knitting Club tonight (how old do I sound??) My scarf is coming along slowly - its more of a hanky at the moment (with many holes). I am not sure I have found my forte with this one, but it's enjoyable all the same and keeps the old hands out of the fridge. Don't know what I will do about dinner later as I have an appointment with my osteopath first. Hopefully I won't resort to peanuts in the pub.....

Exercise of late has been practically zero, I just don't seem to have the time at the minute - actually correction, I don't seem to be making the time. I need a kick up the bum on that front. I should make Spinning tomorrow, but then I am struggling again to work out when I can fit anything else in. I guess I just need to be a bit more strict with myself.

I've just had one of those moments where I wonder what I have been doing with my life of late. I had an email from an old school friend who I've not spoken to for a long while. She asked me what I had been up to..... Hmmmmm, what have I been doing? Well, I go out and get drunk, I go to work and I go home and I go on holiday sometimes..... Is that really it? I kind of feel like I am not a proper grown up as all of my friends are getting married and having babies and the thought of that scares the bejesus out of me. Marriage I could probably cope with - but kids?? I still feel like I am too immature for anything that involves the responsibility for another life. I can't even keep plants alive! I guess I shouldn't compare myself to others, I have a good life, great friends and I live with my favourite ever boy, just because I don't have any announcements of the baby or wedding variety, doesn't mean my life is going nowhere. I just need to remember that.

Ok, I have rambled enough. Time for lunch me thinks. Will I stick to salad from the Italian Deli or will the Lasagne tempt me....... answers on a postcard please....

2 comments:

  1. Aww Lindz, its this time of year that tends do do this to people- we start comparing ourselves to everybody else and somehow always come up wanting. DON'T DO IT!
    This is why I would love to ban Xmas and New Year!!!
    You life is your life- marriage and babies are socially acceptable milestones, but that doesn't mean we have to live up to them if its not what we want.
    And you have been up to stuff- working, seeing friends and family and shrinking! All that seems pretty cool to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww you shoudnt worry hun everyone goes at there own pace!! and the road we are on can change without notice!!
    i have a 2yr old she wasnt planned i was with her dad for 5.5yrs engaged and when i was pregnant i realised he wasnt the one for me and that i was stuck in a routine so i took the hardest step and left! it was the best choice for me and i stick by that i,m with someone else and engaged to him i do wanna get married but there is a lil thing called money!! so i knwo it will happen somewhen! so dont worry enjoy urself if your happy where you are then thats all that matters if people want to comment let them ususally people who comment is normally jealous!!

    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment!