Wednesday, 14 July 2010

Grump over

Thanks all for your comments on my post last night. I was in a right grump, ridiculously so, I knew a loss would have been down to illness or the starvation diet, but I was still expecting one all the same. It's a little bit disappointing when you hop on the scales all cheerful and see the bloody things go up. I was in such a mood, I didn't even stay for the class and stomped off like a petulant child. I am such a buffoon at times. 34 going on 4.

So, in order to shock my now not-so-poorly body out of it's starvation mode, I ate a fair bit last night. Half a portion of Fish and Chips with Mushy peas (shared with Matt) and a slice of bread and butter - bloody lovely and within my points for the day due to the enforced starvation of WI day. Take that body. That will teach you.

Back to normal today. I didn't walk this morning as I did 4 miles yesterday in my Reebok Easytone's and my legs are really feeling it - not to mention my poor blistered feet. I am going to have to attempt to walk in the morning, very early on my own, which will be a struggle, but needs must.

Meeting the girls tonight in Richmond for dinner so food today will be minimal until then. Some Bear Granola nibbles for breakfast and a Cottage Cheese Salad for lunch - does it get any more exciting? I may go OTT and have myself 4 apricots later as well. Kerazy.

I shall continue my plodding on and hopefully the scales will appreciate my efforts next week. Evil things.

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you're back in the right frame of mind - I hate when the scales go up, but then being super hungry on top is just temptation incarnate - so well done for staying on track. Not sure how much help it will be now - but maybe for next time - when I'm really struggling with being super hungry I have a go-to list of zero / low point food I can stock up on to help - top of the list being pots of sugar-free jelly and fruit (usually berries or mango that I can snack on) and things like soup - I know that I can eat a lot of those and not do too much damage so means I can snack until the hunger dies without guilt.

    Anyhoo - chin up - if you're well behaved this week (and I include myself in this category) you should see something good next WI! Keep going x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh try not to worry so. These things happen- yes, with lack of food and water loss you should have seen the scale go down but bodies are annoying bloody things!

    Also, i've found that when i first started ww and i used to starve myself on WI day, i always had a sts or a slight gain- my body was starving and holding onto water etc...maybe this is what happened to you. Try eating normally on WI day and see how it goes. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment!