My flight was delayed on Friday thanks to wind (??) so I arrived home about an hour and a half later than planned. Rushed home, changed quickly and then headed out with my mother and sisters and some of their friends for drinks. I forgot what an occasion it is going out at home, everyone dresses up to the nines and really makes an effort, no going out in jeans or work clothes as is the norm for me! Generally, the ladies are out with fellow ladies and men out with fellow men, none of this mixed group business you get so much down South. My sisters are both bloody gorgeous and extremely skinny, so I usually feel like a right minger next to them, but I'd put on a maxi dress with a waist cincher belt and a pair of sparkly new sandals, so I actually felt quite good about myself next to them for once.
Anyway, a good time was had by all. I stuck to Vodka and Soda, but was absolutely famished at the end of the night due to no dinner and a small salad for lunch, so did succumb to a Cheese Pattie from the chip shop on my way home and possibly a few chips with scraps (all the lovely bits of batter that have fallen off the fish). Heaven, Chip Shops down South just aren't the same. You can't even get gravy in our local one down here.... a travesty.
Saturday was a bit of a busy day, bit of shopping with my mother and then the afternoon spent with my nieces, they are lush, but hard blooming work! Food was ok mostly, but I did pick at a lot of things I probably shouldn't have eaten. No points were counted but I don't imagine I was within my allocation. Yesterday was a bit better, I did 40 minutes of Nordic Walking with my Mother (her latest fad to which she attributes a 13lb weight loss). Hard work I can tell you - plus you feel a bit of a spanner, but glad I gave it a go all the same. Not sure I'll be rushing out to buy myself a pair of poles like. Watch this space however.
In other news, my little sister has worked wonders on my nasty white shoes, they are now sporting some glittery cherries and a bow to match my dress so I think I will definitely be wearing them for the wedding next week. Bless her, she's a star.
I've no major plans this week so I should be able to fit in a fair few walks and also stay on top of my food. I've signed up for Ruggersize from next week - which is described as "non contact fitness exercises with a rugby twist, run by an experienced female coach" Ahem. Interesting if nothing else.
Was fairly hopeful for a loss this week, but after last weeks gain and not really having full control at the weekend, I am not going to expect too much.
Sounds like you have had a fab weekend, bet you love heading home to catch up with the family. Cant wait to see those shoes, you must take a pic. Good luck at your weigh in. xx
ReplyDeleteDelayed by WIND? What, the pilot had gastric issues? Lovely!
ReplyDeleteAnd Ruggersize - somehow suspect the rugby twist will involve downing lots of pints of beer!
love
Peridot x
PS Can we see the pimped up shoes please?