Sunday, 4 July 2010

It was all going so well...

Well this weekend has been 90% virtuous. Friday night I didn't drink any form of alcohol whatsoever, instead of a takeaway I cooked a healthy alternative and we stayed in with a DVD and a fairly early night. I was almost blinded by my halo gleaming.

Yesterday morning I was up bright and early to walk with my best mate. She assured me it was an easy walk (this woman walks every day and is very fit - I am clearly not). So, 7 miles (yes 7!!) and 1 hour and 45 minutes later we arrive at our destination and I honestly thought my legs might refuse to move any further, even sitting down was an effort. We are blessed by some fairly lovely countryside around these parts and I am not normally one for enjoying the great outdoors, but I couldn't resist a little snap of these strange creatures en route.


Alpacas by all accounts. I actually really enjoyed the walk, but I'll not be telling anyone that obviously.

I was rewarded for all my hard work, with another bloody sprained ankle. Approximately 4 miles in I was felled by a minor pebble on a bridleway which has resulted in an ankle resembling a small melon. Fanbloodytastic. I even wore an ankle support and I still managed to do myself some damage. Most frustrating. If anyone has any tips for ankle strengthening exercises, I will be all ears. This is the 5th time I've sprained the bloody thing, although nowhere near as bad as the last few times, it's just getting to be more than a little bit annoying now.


After my walk I headed into Reading to meet another friend for lunch and 5 hours wandering around the shops. By last night I was beyond tired, my body was in revolt. It's not used to such amounts of exercise of late and I slept for 10 whole hours last night. Unheard of for me. But a lovely day was had by all.

Today hasn't been ideal. No alcohol Friday or Saturday, but I seem to have made up for that a bit today. Me and Matt went for lunch and had a bottle of prosecco and then headed to a BBQ shortly afterwards where I seemed to drink my body weight in Pimms. I've not eaten massive amounts (half a burger, one rib and some salad and a tiny bit of cheese), but probably far too much and I feel very bloated now. Matt's been in bed for hours, but I think I'll be awake all night if I attempt to sleep whilst feeling this full.

So, I've worked out my points as best as I can, and I seem to be ok if I use my bonus points, not ideal but better than recent weeks I guess. Tomorrow I am going to swim after work - seems to be the only thing that won't cause me injury and try and stick to around 20 points (I'm allowed 26). If I don't drop a pound at least on Tuesday, I will very definitely be hopping (ha ha - do you see what I did there??) mad.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Linz

    I just wanted to say a huge thank you to your for your lovely words on my last posts. Your so very kind. Ive been feeling like this for a long time now, and although initially its going to be tough financially etc, I know it is the right thing to do. Your kind words bought a tear to my eye, so thank you. Its good to know there are some lovely people out there that don't mind me waffling on. Thank you again.

    Once again, your posts are always so bright and cheery and although I'm sorry to hear you have hurt your ankle again, you have somehow managed to make me laugh tonight with your chat, so much appreciated !! Good luck with the weigh in this week, you certainly deserve to lose much more than a pound !! Well done, and Linz, once again, thank you x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck for your WI. Pimms is EVIL. I love it, but it slips down so easily that you (well, I) lose track of how much you're having...

    Sx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment!