....being back on track that is. It's ridiculous the sense of achievement I feel when I get one good day under my belt.
Last night I met my friend Dan near Waterloo in London for a few beverages and a bite to eat. I've not seen him for nearly a year (and I used to see him every day at work so I miss the old bugger.) It was lovely to catch up and see pictures of his kids, I've not met his son yet which is fairly poor of me given he is nearly 1 now. I was beyond good. 3 Vodkas with Slimline Tonic (no wine) and then at Chez Gerard, instead of Steak and Frites, I had a Steak with Side Salad, scraped off all the tasty herb butter and had a Sorbet for Dessert. Go me!
I had a bit of a rubbish journey home as I missed a train from Waterloo so decided I'd head to Paddington to get a fast train, which I also then missed. I was also then accosted by the World's Drunkest Man, who clearly decided I was National Rail Enquiries as he was too drunk to read any of the boards. He proceeded to slobber booze fumes all over me while systematically falling into me and stamping on my feet. Nice. My taxi from the station then had to go on a massive diversion (at massive expense - ok maybe not - £3 more than normal) due to a road closure. Despite that, I was home by 2330 which isn't too bad. You can imagine I was over the moon to then be woken up by my drunken (away with work) boyfriend texting me at 0130 to see if I was home. Given I had sent him a text when I got home to tell him and he had replied, I was a little bit mystified. Still, it shows he cares I guess.
Today is going equally well from a points perspective. I'm off to Windsor tonight to see Britain's Got Bhangra with some of my girlie friends and a few of us are popping to Pizza Express beforehand. Rustica Tomatoes for starter (1.5) and a Leggera Pizza (8) are already on my tracker, leaving me 7 points for the day and I've already had lunch. Oh, I feel a little bit smug right now, which I probably shouldn't since pride pretty much always comes before a fall.
Tomorrow morning I am meeting my bestest mate for a 3 mile walk before work. I don't know what's come over me, but long may it continue. I am hopeful I can continue to plan and be as good as gold over the weekend. I really want to go to my new class on Tuesday and have a good loss so I can stay for the meeting and feel all proud of myself when the weight losses are read out. I am so easily pleased.
Thanks all for your lovely comments yesterday too, I shall be wearing that outfit again :)
Yay, go you! May SoD reward you for all your hard work and general saintliness.
ReplyDeletelove
Peridot