Monday, 26 July 2010

Half good, half bad

A weekend of mixed eating for me. I still struggle with weekends and seem to battle against adopting a "Sod it" attitude. Friday, despite a 6 course meal, I managed to stay pretty much within points. The Chris Horridge Menu at L'Ortolan is all about nutrition which means it's fairly healthy food - I enjoyed it, but I am not entirely sure I want healthy when I am eating out. Is that bad??? This was coupled with a few glasses of vino (nothing like the 10 glasses we had the last time we did a tasting menu there). So all in all, fairly good, considering it could have been a dieting disaster. Below is the menu we troffed our way through:
  • Essence of kiwi-tomato, parmesan and truffle gnocchi

  • Cured pigeon, zest puree, broccoli shoots and young leaves

  • ‘Balm glazed seabass, tarragon cream and herb powders

  • Lamb rump, broad beans, honey comb and cinnamon

  • Kefir berry soup, basil jelly and mango petal paper

  • Chocolate-cherry ‘cuboid’, verbena snow and coriander
All of which were minuscule portions, but filling all the same.

Saturday morning I tackled the hill of hell 5 times in a 20 minute period. It hurt. A lot. I get out of breath walking up it once, so 5 times was a bit of a killer. I'm told interval training is great for one's fitness... so this could be a new fixture for me since it's only 20 minutes of my life. I shall be attempting it again tomorrow.

We went for breakfast after exercising and I had a skinny latte and a bacon sandwich while Matt tucked into a Full English. I wasn't jealous. Much. I then drove over to Twickenham to meet my friend Caroline for lunch at a lovely little Italian Restaurant. I opted for Chicken Milanese, which was breaded Chicken served with Spaghetti Pomodoro. Not bad at all. A tiny sliver of Victoria Sponge with a cuppa in her garden mid afternoon rounded off my eats for the day. We had a few drinks near Clapham for my friend's hubby's birthday afterwards, but I was driving so stuck to Lime and Soda. A really good Saturday for me on the points front for once.

Yesterday was a disaster. I couldn't sleep, so was up at 6am after 5 hours in bed. I then ate a slice of toast and peanut butter with a coffee to try and give myself a bit of a boost. Once Matt dragged himself out of bed at 1030am, I cooked scrambled eggs on sourdough toast. Followed this with more coffee, a mini cupcake and then a meat feast for lunch (Lamb Chop, Burger, Pork and Scrumpy Sausage and Salad). We watched 2 films (Duplicity - Good and District 9 - Dreadful) and drank a couple of bottles of Vino in the process... I think I had around 40 points yesterday and I have no idea why I felt the need for such gluttony. Harumph.

That see's me with a 4 point deficit today which I can make up, but I've used all my Bonus Points, which is bloody annoying. So who knows what tomorrow night will bring?

Annoyed.

1 comment:

  1. That meal sounds fabulous. I can totally relate to not wanting eating out to be healthy...I can do healthy eating at home!!!

    As for yesterday afternoon...a four point deficit is not the end of the world and sometimes we all need to kick back a bit. Hopefully it won't affect your result too much.

    Sx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment!