Monday, 12 July 2010

I heart Paris, but I hate my guts...

Fear not people, this is not a post of self flagellation. I literally do hate my guts. Paris was lovely, but I was once again struck down by a bout of dysentery (ok I exaggerate but you get my drift). I love Paris, it's been a while since I was there and Matt has never been, so it was lovely to explore... but man, it was hot! I can honesty say I don't think I have ever perspired so much in my life. Very attractive I can assure you. Couple that with some sort of stomach bug which left me needing the loo more often than not, well let's just say I am fairly glad that it wasn't our first romantic trip away. We might not have made it through, I can tell you.

Me looking fairly yuck near the Eiffel Tower after consuming wine and cheese.



The wine and cheese tasting was amazing, our sommelier was brilliant and we learnt a lot without being bored to tears. We are talking of doing a wine holiday next year - well a drive around France visiting the wine regions, that's how impressed we were. In hindsight, eating cheese and drinking wine on a dodgy stomach wasn't my finest moment, but it was kinda worth it.


Look at all that cheesy goodness. Lovely.

We walked a lot - 13 miles over 2 days according to my pedometer and after the cheese and wine fest, I managed to eat approximately 5 frites and 2 mouthfuls of steak on Saturday. I am thinking I was probably ok from a points perspective due to the bonus points, dysentery and lack of proper food.

Me looking a little bit less yuck near the Eiffel Tower on Saturday night after a mammoth 3 hour snooze. There's a tower theme here... but our hotel was right next door to said tower.


Sunday, I felt a little bit better thankfully so we bought some Metro Passes and set about doing some more exploration. Man those Metros are hot. Honestly, how do Parisians use these things daily and still manage to look chic? It was like travelling on a sauna. I dread to think how I would have been 3 stone ago. Yuck.

We went to Ile. Saint-Louis, which is lovely. I think I want to live there. This is me on the main street. Well worth a visit if you are ever in Paris.


All day yesterday I ate half a portion of frites and a biscuit, we went for breakfast and lunch in Paris, but for once in my life, I looked at the menu's and there wasn't a single item that I wanted to eat. This stomach upset is a very good dieting tool, I can tell you. I drank so much water and a couple of Sprites as I felt completely dehydrated. I literally couldn't get enough liquid inside of me. Obviously due to the hideous sweat/sh*t combination (sorry TMI).

Today, I am still not feeling 100%, but a little bit more in control of my bodily functions you'll be pleased to hear. I walked to the train station this morning (about 1.5 miles) as I'd left my car at work. Food today has been nothing for breakfast as I couldn't face anything (another first), half a 6 inch Chicken Breast Subway for lunch (no cheese) which didn't sit overly well with me either and then a bit of my home-made Shepherd's Pie for dinner. I was massively craving comfort food and this seems to have done the trick. Fingers crossed my guts are now going to cooperate with me.

WI tomorrow night and I am expecting a loss due to dehydration, but it's not likely to be a true fat loss really so I'll not get overly excited. I've a 4 mile walk planned in the morning with Alex which will be my exercise du jour.

In other news, I was very pleased to come back from Gay Paris to a lovely delivery from the gorgeous Lou. Look at these cute earrings, this girl is very talented. My picture does them no justice at all so check out her post, iPhone camera is fairly pants and I've left my proper one at work. Very cute cupcake earrings, I so wish I could make things.


So that's it for me people, I shall be back tomorrow hopefully with a loss to report and no further updates on my bowel movements. I think you've learnt enough.

4 comments:

  1. Sorry about the tummy problems, but it looks like you had fun despite it! Paris is lovely and good luck for tomorrow...I'll be in Paris in two weeks can I borrow your dress? :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love the dresses!! Looking good, young Linz!! Boooooooooo to stupid stomach bugs though. Glad it didn't completely ruin things for you, but still a total arse. Hope you're fully recovered soon. Looks like you had a fab time in gay Paris - it's been an age since I've been there but looking at your photos definitely makes me think a re-visit is in order!

    Fingers crossed for the scales - even if it's not a totally true loss it's always nice to see something positive on the scales - plus any loss won't be entirely a false stomach-bug related thing - you've genuinely not eaten very much over the last couple of days by the sound of it.

    Keep on trucking x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah yes, I remember with fondness my WI when I'd had a gastric bug. And I ate so you're due a good loss I reckon.

    love
    Peridot

    ReplyDelete
  4. so sorry about upset stomach and bowels, next time remember don't drink the water or eat the salads! i love paris, want to go with my young daughter when she is 13/14 so she can get the most out of it and remember it forever.
    i would be putting the whole thing behind me now and start afresh with weight watchers now you are home again.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment!