Wednesday, 10 March 2010

Bad times

I knew it'd not be good - 2.5lbs on. Harumph. Even though I've been having problems the last couple of weeks, it's still disheartening to see the scales go up. I feel complete and utter frustration with myself and my body. Still, it's better than it could have been, after 9 days of constipation and 36 hours of dysentry, my body doesn't really know what's going on.

Still not feeling the best today, but I suppose that will stop me consoling myself with food. I could do with a few days in bed, but my colleague is on holiday this week and I would end up wracked with guilt if I didn't come into work. Far too conscientious me.

So I guess I need to just take it one day at a time. Food today is likely to stay limited while my stomach continues to cramp and Spinning tonight is not going to happen. Early night again I think.

I'm planning a bit of a wander at lunchtime as a consolation for lack of Spinning - if my tights will stay up that is. They seem to have this annoying habit of hanging around my knees, not such a good look and somewhat annoying! I've spent most of the morning trying to pull them back up without flashing too much of my nether regions. Attractive I can assure you.

Right then, off for a peppermint tea and to get on with some work. I know I said I'd try and be a bit more chipper today, but this is as good as it get's when I am in self pity mode. Sorry folks, I shall be smiley tomorrow....

3 comments:

  1. Don't panic!!! All will be well. Just take care of yourself for the moment - sounds like your body's a bit traumatised at the moment!!

    As for work - I'd take as long as you need .... afterall would your colleagues do the same for you??? xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all: Thank you for your lovely comment!

    2.5 is not too bad, especially with our body playing up.

    Would love to meet, if you ever come for a home game. Wish I could get you free tickets, but we only get percentage in the fan shop. So if you ever need a present for Matt there, let me know. Could get it signed from the players, too.

    Hope you´re feeling better soon!

    X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear, I hope you're feeling better soon. I must say Lactulose has that effect on me - it makes me throw up- so it could have been that as well.
    Hope you're back to normal soon! Any weight that goes on that quickly will come off quickly (thats what I'm saying to myself anyway!)

    XX

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment!