Monday, 22 March 2010

Lovely weekend, diet disaster

I've had a really lovely weekend, but another terrible weekend for a Weight Watcher. I don't know why I am finding it so bloody hard to stay on track as of Friday night, I seem to lose the plot and don't get round to finding it again until Sunday evening.

I didn't get to Spinning on Friday as the class was full so I made do with a swim instead. I only managed 20 minutes as the pool was full of children - which is not overly helpful when trying to swim lengths, but I suppose it's better than nothing at all. Dinner was already prepared as I'd stuck a lamb curry in the slow cooker so in theory I should have been ok pointwise... However, booze took over a bit and I got the munchies later on which saw me scoffing a couple of babybel lights and half a mini bar of Dairy Milk - not the end of the world but not needed!

Saturday ended up being a bit of a rush, we totally overslept so didn't make it to the gym and headed off to Plymouth about 2 hours later than planned! Missed breakfast and then ended up grabbing a McDonalds on the way. Not the healthiest of choices admittedly. Saturday night was dinner at a Chinese Restaurant with 5 of our friends, we had so much food but I felt fairly stuffed very quickly so I didn't eat as much as I could have done. However, add that to the wine consumed and the G&T's later - you have another points disaster.

Yesterday even worse... We went for breakfast in Plymouth before heading home, I was feeling slightly hungover so ended up with a full english which I managed to polish off without much trouble. We then decided to stop off in Weston Super Mare on our way back since it was a lovely day - we did walk about 3 miles along the beach which I suppose helped, but the smell of the Fish and Chips was too much to cope with and I gave in and had some. Doh. So although Saturday and Sunday I only had 2 meals, they were flipping disasterous meals!

Here's a little picture of the lovely beach at Weston with our ugly mugs in the forefront :)



Dread to think what the defecit of the weekend is - I imagine around 20000 points. Today should be better, my planned meals come to 19 points and I am feeling fairly full and sickly given I've eaten a load of crap all weekend. I've got to attend a Speed Awareness Course tonight from 5pm-9pm so there is no chance of me scoffing during that which could be a saving grace and I've brought some Zero Point soup and a roll to have beforehand.

Weds is my last official WI before Croatia (if BA don't cancel our flights) and I am seriously expecting a gain. I seem to manage 4 good days and 3 disasterous ones every week. I need to get a flipping grip!

Matt and I had a chat and we're going to make a big effort to have a fairly healthy holiday, not so much booze, lots of walking and hopefully plenty of healthy food. Fingers crossed that despite only having one night in this week, I can find some self restraint from somewhere.

3 comments:

  1. That Friday to Sunday period has been a bitch for me too the past couple of months, and I don't have anything like your social life! lol It's midweek munchies for those of us with Wednesday weigh-ins. I've wondered whether weighing in on a Monday would enforce more control over the weekend. Or would I just give up going to meetings altogether?

    As long as you had a good weekend, there's no point beating yourself up about it. You sound like you've got today sorted, that's what counts.

    Wish I was going on holiday too! Fingers crossed for you re the BA situation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, it´s so frustrating. Same here. I can´t remember the last weekend which was even nearly WW friendly.

    But you´re still going and that´s all that counts. It only means it´ll take a bit longer.

    Have a good week

    X

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am the exact same. Friday-Sunday I just can't stay on track, no matter what I do! I just get the munchies each night, and during the day (especially Saturday). End up having to compensate with extra exercise, or cutting back on points in the week. Regardless, I hope you have a good week and still see a difference on the scales, and even if you don't you had a good weekend. Gotta enjoy ourselves afterall!
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment!