Tuesday, 9 March 2010

Be careful what you wish for

Oh my goodness me. I am ill and feeling more than a bit sorry for myself. I seem to have either a) poisoned myself b) caught some form of stomach lurgy or c) gone into labour with a child I had no idea I was carrying.

I reckon option b) is the safest bet, I visited a friend last night who'd been off sick with a stomach bug but assured me she was feeling fine. Hmmmm, I have not been feeling fine since 3am this morning. Stomach cramps are officially hideous, but on the plus side, the toilet issues I was suffering are now long forgotten, to be replaced by issues at the other side of the spectrum. Gah!

Anyway, I'm still not hopeful of a loss tomorrow despite my dodgy WW scales showing me at 16stone 12 this morning (i.e. 5 pounds off my last official WI and 10 pounds off the last dodgy WI) ... that's most definitely a temporary glitch. Although I've eaten nothing all day today as even drinking water is sending my stupid stomach into all sorts of spasms.

In other none bowel related news, both my dresses arrived and aren't as hideous as first expected. The nicer one is a bit too tight at the moment for my pear shape, but I reckon it might be ok if I get a bit more weight off. I'm going to keep looking however for something a bit more weddingy.

Right then, I am off to wallow in a vat of self pity. I promise to be a bit more chipper tomorrow, despite what the scales of doom show me.

3 comments:

  1. Poor you! Hope you feel better soon, and that your dodgy scales are sneakily telling the truth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear ! That doesn't sound like much fun. Hope you feel better very soon x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohno, you poor thing! Hope you're feeling better soon x

    P.S On the plus side at least ur fella will be happy with the Baggies result this evening!! Boing Boing :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment!