Monday, 1 March 2010

Creamy delight

Just a little rave about something I stumbled across in Waitrose today whilst trying to decide what I fancied for lunch (not a good idea to go to Waitrose when hungry as you come out £45 worse off with still no clue of what to eat).

I'm a bit of a cream fiend and I am always trying to find ways of making food taste creamy without it actually being millions of points. I love pasta with creamy sauces but have never quite managed to find anything that worked - I think I now have the answer.

Angel Technology Heartily Healthy Cream - The whole carton of 250ml works out at 8.5 points.
I'm not sure it's something I'd pour over my apple crumble but in a sauce I think we have a winner.



I made a mushroom sauce tonight and it's lovely. Dry fried some mushrooms with a bit of onion and garlic, added half a chicken oxo cube and some water and simmered it down, then added a couple of spoonfuls of the cream and a bit of parsley and simmered it again til it all thickened up - creamy mushroom sauce for 1.5 points. Bargain!

1 comment:

Thanks for taking time to comment!