Thursday, 11 March 2010

Normal service almost resumed

Yesterday ended up being an enforced good day on the food front. The dysentry was still in full flow (pardon the pun) so I ended up being sent home from work at lunchtime as my boss seemed to think I was in labour given the wincing I was doing. I had myself a little snooze in the afternoon and lots of water and I woke up feeling a bit improved.

Today I am almost back to normal, I've still got cramps and things aren't quite right, but peppermint capsules and peppermint tea seem to be doing the trick and just in case you are wondering - they also make your wind smell minty. I've managed some toast this morning and some chicken soup for lunch - my mother used to always feed me that when I was ill. Tonight I'm off to a fashion evening at House of Fraser so I'm meeting a few friends for dinner in Strada first. I reckon I'll just be having pasta with a tomato sauce or something equally as inoffensive.

I had been trying to save points since we were supposed to go to Edinburgh tomorrow for the Scotland v England game. I say supposed to, as we've had to cancel today. Not overly happy about it as we've had it planned since last April, but 2 of Matt's team at work have called in sick and they have loads on - since he's the boss he has to cover for them - which means we can't take a half day tomorrow and he'll certainly have to work all weekend. One of those things I suppose, but really frustrating. He doesn't earn enough to compensate for all of the crap he has to put up with.

So not sure what to do at the weekend now. I guess a quiet one won't go amiss. I'm certainly giving booze a swerve since I've been suffering from gut rot so I'm fairly hopeful that this week will shape up to be a good one. Hopefully those 2.5 pesky pounds will do one.

1 comment:

  1. Hey
    Thanks for following my blog
    sorry to read you are sick. I hope you're feeling better soon. I suffer alot with my stomach so I know how rotten it can make you feel! x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment!