Wednesday, 17 March 2010

Stubborn Scales

I stayed the same this morning at WI and I've no idea why, but I am disappointed. I've not exactly had the best of weeks from a food or exercise perspective so I guess I should be happy that the scales didn't go up. I had some ridiculous idea in my head that because I'd been ill, it would counteract any bad eating and cause me to lose the lard. Note to self, following WW works, Dysentry and KFC doesn't.

So I am going to brave Spinning tonight for the first time in a few weeks. I feel like that as much as I feel like sticking needles in my eyes, but I have to get back into it. I'm spending a bloody fortune on gym membership which is used about once a month at the moment. I'm even contemplating trying to go to the gym before work so I can't spend all day conjuring up reason number 1099 not to go. I guess now that the mornings are getting lighter, it won't be so much of a struggle to get out of bed.

I may resort to the photo food diary from tomorrow if I sway off track today, it seems to be the only thing that keeps me on the straight and narrow. I've no social plans now until Saturday so in theory, I should be angelic.

I'm a bit worried about myself today as I seem to be going somewhat mad - I forgot to clean my teeth this morning??? I've only been performing this action for the past 33 years so you can see why it's something I'd forget to do. I had to buy an emergency toothbrush and some listerine this morning as I didn't dare talk to anyone in the office. I'm sat here wondering what else I might have forgotten, but at first glance I seem to be fully clothed and I've not just mascara'ed one eye (I've done that before - and with blonde eyelashes, that's not the best look!) so here's hoping it's a temporary bout of insanity.

2 comments:

  1. lol going around with one blond eyelash and one mascara'ed eye would be funny.

    Don't worry about your lack of weight loss this week. Our bodies are weird. You might see that next week you lose more than normal. Just keep it up :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a card I've kept for years which says ( and here I imagine some flower clad, stoned hippie type droning ) "It will all be all right in the end. If it's not all right, it's not the end." Sometimes I want to tear it up and stamp on it, sometimes it's exactly what I need to hear. You're doing all right, you know. You just have to keep doing it. STS is good. You might well be holding on to water after a week of dehydration. So don't worry about that.

    I might worry a bit about the loss of your marbles, though. :-Þ

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment!