Thursday, 8 July 2010

Walking difficulties

Alarm set for: 0600
Number of times alarm snoozed: 4
Time actually left the house: 0640
Miles walked this morning: 3
Amount of rain that fell on me: A LOT
Thoughts of "WTF am I doing?": 20000
Time taken to walk 3 miles: 40 mins

As you can guess, I struggled a bit this morning with my walk. I had to go early (therefore on my own) as I needed to start work for 8am. It was hard. I am not overly good at self motivation, I can bound out of bed like Tigger when I've arranged to meet Alex for an early morning walk, but when it's only myself I'll be letting down, it's a whole different ball game. Still, I got up and did it and I'd love to say I've reaped the benefits today, but actually I am bloody knackered.

Food last night was fairly fab, a massive Rib Eye Steak from our local butchers served with onions, mushrooms and oven roasted cherry tomatoes. Gorgeous. I am really enjoying my food now I am back on the wagon, not just inhaling it as had been the case of late. No carbs yesterday either - not intentionally, but I did feel fairly full from the mass of protein.

Today is going ok-ish. Toast with peanut butter for breakfast but then I went to the pub at lunchtime to meet friends and the most diet (sorry lifestyle change) friendly item on the menu was a Chicken Caesar Salad. I am imagining it's probably got as many points in it as a Big Mac and Fries, but I guess I'll have myself a low point dinner tonight to compensate. I hope not to blow it at the weekend in Paris, but we've already booked ourselves in for a wine and cheese tasting lunch on Saturday. Ahem. I guess I'll have to walk as much as possible. Happy Days.

I'm still stressing over my outfit for my friends Wedding at the end of the month. I had decided on the red and white spotty dress, but I'm finding accessories a nightmare. I can't find any shoes that I'll even be able to attempt to walk in so I am wondering if I need to look for dress number 24 in this process. What is a girl to do?

2 comments:

  1. "I am not overly good at self motivation, I can bound out of bed like Tigger when I've arranged to meet Alex for an early morning walk, but when it's only myself I'll be letting down, it's a whole different ball game."

    Totally a whole different ball game.

    But, you did it! Even with 4 snoozes!

    Congrats!

    -jafg

    ReplyDelete
  2. 3 miles in 40 mins is really going some - well done. I think 20 mins per mile is standard and 15 mins is fast - so you're zipping along.

    love
    Peridot

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment!