Thursday, 12 November 2009

Bumbling along

I've managed a day and a half of being on track - so far so good. Let's hope it stays this way. Last night I did Spinning, even though it was the last thing in the world I felt like doing, I'm finding it hard to motivate myself to move more when its dark and miserable outside. Glad I went though, we had another new trainer and he was cool. This sounds a bit daft, but he has just been travelling for 6 months so has lost some of his fitness - I kinda liked the fact that he was sweating and as out of breath as the rest of us, it made a nice change from Robo Trainer who barely breaks a sweat.

Dinner last night was Low Fat Sausages with mashed Swede, Onions, Mushrooms and Leeks, Bisto and a couple of Yorkshire Puddings. Absolutely lovely for 5.5 points. Managed to save 2 points for the weekend as well, go me!

Today has been good foodwise as well. I've got 15 points left for dinner (after I have been to dynamic Yoga - ouch) so my mate is coming round with a pizza - should be able to have a couple of slices with some salad and still save points for tomorrow. I'm finding zero point butternut squash soup is my absolute saviour at the moment. I make it really thick so it feels really indulgent. Lovely at the moment with miserable weather.

Other than that, not much to report. We're out for dinner with friends tomorrow night so I won't be massively good then, Saturday we have a Christening and Sunday we've lunch with other friends. Why does my socialising always seem to revolve around food??! I guess my progress has been kind of slow this year as I have been determined that WW would become part of my life as opposed to it becoming my life. I still want to socialise and enjoy myself, so that means I'll go over points some times. I suppose I prefer it my way as I'm more likely to stick with this for the long haul.

4 comments:

  1. Butternut squash soup is my saviour too. I love it! I just chuck it all in the slow cooker for 3 or 4 hours then mash it up. mmmmmm, lovely.

    Though you feel as though your progress is slow, you're still sticking with it. That's something to be pleased about. I don't know about you but I've often given up after just a few months and we're both still here. :o) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This soup of which you speak sounds intriging. I must hunt it down and try it. I've never eaten squash before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I couldn't agree with you more,

    'I have been determined that WW would become part of my life as opposed to it becoming my life.'

    Like you my progress has been pretty slow and I do struggle to stick to my points when I'm out socialising and yes, ocassionally that does mean I go over. Admittedly, I am having to be a bit stricter with myself lately because I really want to lose it for my 30th.

    Well done and keep it up!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment!