In a vain attempt to keep on track with food and having been spurred on by Karon (or Twinkle!) doing it last week, I've decided to photograph what I am eating. Then at least I'm a bit more accountable if I am posting it here every day - no more snaffling things without admitting it to myself. If I keep this up over the weekend - this might help me understand how completely off track I normally go!
So here is yesterday - a pretty good day for me:
Breakfast - 1 sachet of Oatso Simple with 180ml of Skimmed Milk, 14g of Raisins (SunMaid Snack Pack) and 1 small banana. Cup of Red Bush tea and 750 ml Water - 3.5 points

I actually found this kept me full until lunch time - normally I'm staring at the clock every 5 mins.
Lunch - Bowl of Home made Sweet Potato and Butternut Squash Soup and a Tiger Roll. Can of Diet Cherry Coke, 750 ml of water - 4 points

Mid afternoon snack - Packet of Pickled Onion Space Raiders with 50% extra free. 2 points. I love these!
I also had a small skinny latte from Costa for 0.5 points.Dinner - My version of Carbonara and Garlic Bread. I had a fairly hefty portion as I was very hungry after Yoga, normally I'd have less pasta with this.
80g Dried Pasta (4)2 lean rashers of Bacon (3)
1 onion
Portion of Mushrooms
30g Les Kol Cheese grated (1.5)
1.5 Medium Eggs (2) - I cooked this for 2 of us, so I didn't half an egg for myself which might be quite tricky!
Cook pasta. Dry fry onions, mushrooms and chopped up bacon. When pasta is cooked add to the bacon mix. Mix the eggs with salt and pepper and the grated cheese. Take pan off the heat and stir in the egg mix to coat until egg is slightly set but not over cooked.
Also served with half a crusty roll spread with lurpak lighter and garlic and then grilled.
11.5 points in total
Total for the day 21.5 points leaving me 4 to save for the weekend.
Phew.
Work has been fairly busy this week which has kept me out of trouble - I am definitely a boredom eater so the fact I am flat out works pretty well for me.
Matt's brother is down for the weekend - this always involves a lot of drinking, so I am going to have to try and reign that in a little bit, the scales haven't budged (well apart from 0.5 up this week) for 2 weeks. I so want to see a new number on the scales on Weds!
Hope you all have a lovely weekend and this hideous weather isn't causing too much trauma for anyone.
your days food looks awesome, what a clever Idea taking pictures of everything. Starting monday perhaps i'll do that too. I wonder if I have the resolve to keep it up though
ReplyDeleteYour pasta carbonara looks lovely. I think I'll give that a go some time. I like to know what others are having, it gives me ideas to copy or to adapt. :o)
ReplyDeleteThank you for the shout out. I quite liked doing the food diary. I think it helped to keep within my daily points each day. I've kinda missed not doing it these last few days. I'm thinking about doing it once a month.
My fingers are crossed that those scales will be showing new numbers at WI. Have a fab weekend Linz xxx