Sunday, 22 November 2009

Shocking Saturday

Taking these photos has really made me more aware of what I shovel in my mouth normally on a weekend. I was fairly restrained with what I ate and drank compared to what I would consume on an all day session. We were in the pub for 1230pm and finished up back at ours with a Chinese. I didn't drink anything for the first 3 hours or when we got home, I ate much less than everyone else and I still end up massively over consuming points! Just goes to show where I have been going wrong most weekends.

Breakfast - Bacon Sandwich. 2 slices of grilled Bacon, 2 bread. 1 tsp Lurpak Lighter - 6 points.


Lunch in the pub whilst watching footy (a day of Sport on TV - yawn) Lamb and Mint baguette with Salad. 8.5 points. 3 Diet Cokes. Notice the chips on the place opposite - I didn't have ANY and no booze yet!


Large bag of Quavers between 3 of us whilst watching yet more sport.... 1 point for my share.


Dinner is where it kind of went downhill. After watching Matt and his Brother get more and more drunk, I could take no more diet coke. Once Nicola turned up, I hit the booze. 5 smirnoff Vodkas plus slimline tonic - 3.5 points. 2 glasses of Champagne - 4 points. No idea why the Champers came into play.... not entirely sure what we were celebrating!

Chinese Take Away at home between 4 of us.

Prawn Crackers - I had 1/4 of these 1.5 points.


1 Crispy Duck Pancake - 7.5 bloody points. Everyone else had at least 3. This was me being restrained!


1 Spoonful of Egg Fried Rice, 1 Spoonful of Boiled Rice, 1 Spoonful of Beef Curry, 1 Spoonful of Chicken and Cashew Nuts, 1 Spoonful of Duck in Honey and Black Pepper Sauce, 2 Sweet and Sour Chicken Balls - 11 points.

I wish I'd taken a photo of everyone else's plate because mine looked like it had nothing on compared to theirs - normally I would have my 'share' of everything and eat at least twice as much as on my plate there. Just goes to show where I have been going massively wrong!

So my day came in at 43 points. Good work Linz. I had 10 points banked and we walked into town (about 30 mins) so it's not such a massive trauma. I now have a defecit of 5 to make up. I'm off to the gym later on for a swim which should help. It's not easy this life change malarkey.

4 comments:

  1. Man, weekends are tough.

    Vodka is 2 points per jigger though (1oz) so I'm confused how 5 of them became 3.5 points. I want to know the secret!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think its great that you're more aware of what you're eating. You say yourself that you were watching what you were doing and not putting away as much as you would do so thats really good I think. When I start drinking alcohol everything goes downhill I think its because I have less restraint on eating when i'm drunk. So i'm trying to avoid alcohol at all costs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you're so aware, as Sammy said. It's all about "knowing" first, "acting" second. Unfortunately, knowing is the easy part, yeah? Taking action (correct action) is the tough part.

    As long as we keep taking action every single day... even if it's not exactly the perfect action... we'll reach our goal.

    On the other hand (as I read the word, "goal"), do we really ever reach a finish line?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Nic - for some reason Smirnoff Vodka works out at 0.5 points per shot (25ml over here - which is about 0.8 of an ounce). By the law of rounding that makes 3.5 for 5 of them. Most handy when the bar you are in is serving Smirnoff :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment!