Friday, 27 November 2009

Thank crunchie it's Friday.

I've never been so relieved to reach Friday in one piece. I hate stressy work days, the only saving grace being that I don't have much time to snack so I tend to stick to my points when I am busy. Despite working from home yesterday, I had phone calls pretty much all day. I worked 0730-1830 with only a 20 minute break for lunch. Not good. I had promised myself I would go to Yoga, but my boss called me just as I was getting ready to go and told me I needed to do a customer install and they had approved downtime for 6pm - the same time as Yoga starts. Gah!!!!!!!!

As a compromise I dusted down my Wii fit and did 30 minutes of Yoga poses on there once I'd done with work - not quite as good I grant you, but at least I did something. I also did a few of the balance games that my physio recommended for the fat ankle. We then went to the pub - but I insisted we walk (normally we'd drive) so that got me another 20 minutes of movement in and I stuck to soda water. Go me.

Today is not shaping up as well. I am starving already. Had breakfast at 7am, its only just 11am and I am practically chewing my arm off. Lunch may end up being a tad earlier than anticipated. I'm getting the train over to Twickenham after work to meet the girls and then we are driving off to a secret location (I can't divulge as it's a surprise and I can't remember which of my friends know about this blog!). I don't expect we'll ge there til around 11pm tonight so dinner will happen in the car - I'll have to buy a few healthy items to take with me. I'm going to relax a bit over the weekend but not go too mad. Fingers crossed I can be relatively restrained.

Another boring food photo to follow but I made this yesterday for lunch and it was good:

Boil 60g of pasta
Dry fry leeks, mushrooms and onions
Add a splash of while wine (optional) and some veg stock and a sprinkle of sage
Simmer until the stock starts to reduce
Add in some chopped parma ham and a tbsp of extra light creme fraiche (or ELF) and simmer until it all thickens.
Throw in the pasta, toss to coat add a spinkle of parmesan and voila! Mine worked out at 7 points and kept me going for ages :)


Hope you all have fantastic weekends x

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that lunch looks amazing, I may have to try that myself.

    Have a great night tonight and don't forget to post the details xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment!