
Check her out if you get chance. So now I need to share 7 things about me that you may not already know. Oh dear, this is where I realise I am actually a bit of a dullard.....
1) I'm a Geordie living down South (ok so you know that as it says it over there ----->). I moved away from the North East when I was 18, but I still love going home and I love how friendly the North is compared to the South.
2) I have a completely irrational fear of windmills. Don't ask me why, but the mere sight of a windmill makes me break out in a sweat. That makes trips to the Netherlands somewhat fun.
3) I am allergic to Shellfish (a delightful affliction inherited from my Dad). It took years of me cursing dodgy mussels to actually realise that that they couldn't all be dodgy and perhaps they didn't particularly agree with me.
4) I lived in Prague for 2.5 years from 2004 - 2006 and the only Czech I can understand revolves around menus (You can see what my priorities have always been!).
5) I hate birds. I think it comes from years of trips to Trafalgar Square as a kid and being given bird seed to feed the Rats with Wings (sorry, pigeons). I once nearly broke my arm trying to escape a sparrow that had made its way into our kitchen at Uni.
6) My claim to fame is that I once spent a night in a hotel bar getting rather drunk with Ant and Dec. Just them and me and a friend. It was one of the funniest nights of my life and I still have the signed Becks bottles they gave me. (Look at me name dropping, I am soooo showbiz!)
7) I have managed to drink a yard of ale in 21 seconds. Classy bird me.
So now I need to pass this on to 7 bloggers as well. This will be hard as I love all the blogs I follow but here goes:
1) Sue at Losing a Little Bit of me. I love her honesty and humour and I can relate to pretty much everything she says!
2) Jamframity at Shrinking Thinking. Inspirational and funny.
3) Peridot at A Weigh to Go.... I love her writing style and she cracks me up.
4) Tina at Tina's Journey - She has lost soooo much weight and really inspires me.
5) Karon at Twinkles Trek - Another inspiration - she's lost loads of weight and also now runs the NYNY challenge which I am part of.
6) Sophie at Sophies on a Diet - I can totally relate to her posts.
7) Then I am stuck, because there are so many other brilliant blogs out there that I love to read, so this last one goes to Lorr74, GlasgowGallah, Lakeland Jo, The Tart Who travels, Emily, Mrs Shilts, Mandy, Clare and Claire.
I've probably missed loads more of my favourites so apologies.
xx
I hate birds too - it is a bit of a nightmare in London!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the tag - it is my first one!
Claire xx
Awwwww thank you so much for the lovely award Linz. Thats so kind. I will endeavour to write something interesting about myself later on, and pass it along of course to others.
ReplyDeleteMany thanks again. Inspirational...Me ?? ... I like that :O) x x
Oh my goodness, thank you! You know I think exactly the same about your blog too.
ReplyDeleteThank you so much hunny. I love reading your blog. I can relate to so much that you have to say.
ReplyDeleteNever heard of someone having a fear of windmills before but I can understand birds phobia. My mum hates birds.
Drinking a yard of ale in 21 seconds is certainly something to be proud of. ;o)
I'll try and think of 7 interesting facts about me later on and pass on the award. It's going to be tough to choose. x