Sunday, 10 January 2010

Still struggling

I'm still struggling to get back in control. I really need to get myself to a WI this week so I can get the shock I need and kick me back into action. The weather and inability to get out and do stuff is also leading to a bit of cabin fever and I am wandering into the kitchen a bit too much to try and break the boredom.

On Friday I ended up working 12 hours (albeit from the comfort of my living room) which put me in a pretty bad mood. So despite being resolute that Iwasn't going to drink, I managed to polish off my fair share of vodka. We also ended up going for Thai, so going over points was pretty much a given. Still it was a good night with friends so I guess that's the most important thing. I did manage to slip over twice on my way to the pub, it was only a matter of time, I can barely stay upright in normal conditions.

Yesterday we went off to rescue my car which has been abandoned since the 22nd December. 2 very kind men had to push Matt's car out of the snow as we weren't getting anywhere fast. I was expecting my car to be either gone or refusing to start, but thankfully neither worries materialised. I've managed to park it fairly near to the flat upon returning, but the roads around here are pretty treacherous still. My journey wasn't helped by all sorts of idiots standing around the roads chatting and wandering in front of my car as I was crawling down a very snowy road at a snails pace. Please just get out of the road when I am clearly in charge of a lethal weapon over which I have minimal control when there is 2 foot of snow beneath my wheels. Harumph.

Food yesterday was still pretty bad. I had a massive steak for dinner which was delicious, but about 3 times the size I either needed or should have eaten. I also managed to demolish a load of chocolates - and I don't even bloody like chocolate!! I also managed to fall over again and twist my rotten ankle a bit - nowhere near as bad as last time but its a bit swollen and sore.

Today has been a bit better, I managed 30 mins on the Wii fit which had me panting like dying dog. I took it easy on account of the ankle but I felt the need to do something. According to the body test, my weight hasn't changed since I was last on there (which was 45 days ago!!) so by that reckoning I've probably gained around 6 pounds since my last weigh in. I guess I will know for definite on Wednesday.

I'm going to attempt to make it into the office tomorrow and then head over to Richmond to see the osteopath and meet the girls for dinner after work. I am hoping that there will be no more snow so I can actually get there and back without any massive delays - most of my travel of late has been hideous so I am not overly hopeful.

So here's hoping for a better day tomorrow. One step at a time I guess.

1 comment:

  1. Get a hiking stick with a pointy end (a bit like a skiing stick) to walk with in the snow. That and some studs for your shoes http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B002LWBLDU/ref=s9_sima_gw_s2_p200_i1?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=1JBA270HMK3N7Z8QGK89&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=467128533&pf_rd_i=468294. That will really help.
    The waggon will be coming along soon- just keep looking for it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment!