Well after my failed attempts at getting to a WW meeting, I bought myself some WW scales yesterday since they were half price in Sainsburys. Looks like I have put on around 6 pounds since my last 'official' Weigh In. I know it's not going to be exact since it's different scales and a different day of the week, but it's at least an idea of what damage has been done. So I am now full of renewed enthusiasm to shift the blubber.
Dinner last night was lovely, if you've got a slow cooker, you have to try that Lamb Chop Kleftiko recipe - or even if you don't, try it in the oven. Tis lush. I added in a spoonful of gravy granules at the end to thicken it up a bit. I am also a new convert to Kale. Delicious - so much so that for lunch today I am having Kale with Pine nuts and a rasher of bacon all sauteed in a sachet of Butter Buds. I am so healthy it's untrue.... ok well perhaps not, but it's a nice change.
I managed 31 minutes on the Wii Fit last night (that extra 1 minute makes all the difference) which I guess is a good start at getting me back into some form of movement. Must get back to the gym next week once the snow has gone, I'll have no excuses!
We're off up North tonight to the parentals as West Brom play Newcastle on Monday and Matt is desperate to see his beloved Baggies play at St. James's Park. Fingers crossed there are no major weather issues to disrupt our travel. I am slightly nervous given my last attempt at getting anywhere on a plane.
Hopefully I can have a fairly healthy weekend, my mother knows I am forever on a diet so she usually buys my all sorts of low fat treats. I also imagine I will spend a bit of time running around after my nieces so that is some exercise of sorts.
Right then, I am off to eat my Kale. Have a good weekend y'all!
nothing like a peak at the scales to have you running back to healthy eating.
ReplyDeleteIt could have been worse, one of the ladies at work pretty much starved herself for weeks before xmas and lost a stone, then put the whole thing back on in 7 days over xmas!
Stupid question, what's Kale?
actually I just googled it.. I was expecting it to be some sort of fish or something... but cabbage!?! mmm I'll leave that one for you!
Have a lovely weekend at home
Well at least you know roughly where you are to start from Linz. Your recipe sounds fab, you thinkit could be done with pork chops instead? Not a huge fan of lamb chops!!
ReplyDeleteHave a fab weekend xx
6lbs gain for Christmas, New Year and going away on holiday for week is really good.
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear that you're enthusiasm has returned. Have a fab weekend away :o) xxx
Enjoy your time back in Gods Country. Has he realised WBA now play Newcastle at the end of the month in the FA Cup !!!
ReplyDeleteIf you need any more support for weight loss join our F4N10 facebook group. Link is on my blog
Paul
x
I am also a lover of the much maligned cabbage! Sounds delicious. You inspired me to get my arse in gear; I did what you do and went to a class in my lunch hour (and got a 1.6 mile walk in too) so thank you for being inspiring!
ReplyDelete