Wednesday, 27 January 2010

WI Wednesday

Pleased to report a 2.5lb loss this week. I was secretly hoping for a little bit more since no alcohol has passed my lips for weeks (alright about 10 days) and I had managed to convince myself that my whole reason for being fat was down to the fact that I am a booze hound. It's obviously helped as 2.5 is a fairly decent loss given no form of movement has taken place since approximately early December. This has been brought home to me by the fact that my online gym account is no longer working - I've clearly been removed due to weeks of inactivity. That's fairly shameful.

Last night I had planned to go to the gym, clearly by the use of the word 'had', you realise I managed to find excuse number 1024 not to go. Obviously, I 'had' to instead go and buy birthday presents for 2 friends kids as I am meeting them both tomorrow night for dinner. Clearly this was a pressing requirement and not something I could have done during lunch hour.... Note the sarcasm in my tone here, I am bordering on the ridiculous. I am fighting a losing battle with myself to move more.

Today could be tricky. Breakfast and Lunch are planned and coming in at 12 points in total, but we are off to Malmaison tonight for dinner (special offer on not a special occasion). I guess I'll just have to try and chose wisely instead of my usual Wednesday "Sod it" attitude. I've called the gym and booked myself in for Spinning on Friday (at least they still think I'm a member even if my online account is punishing me), that is really going to hurt.

3 lbs still to lose to get myself back to my pre Xmas lowest. I managed to completely miscalculate and think it was only 2 and therefore doable this week. So 45.5 lbs down, 20 million still to go. I might end up weighing in naked next week since there was little else I could have removed today to assist. People at work must think I am mental turning up to work in flimsy dresses every Wednesday when its minus 20 outside.

5 comments:

  1. Haha - LOVE this post!! Where did you find excuse no. 1024 by the way - because I mislaid it last week and therefore had to resort back to no. 57 "I'm on holiday" AGAIN!!!

    If it's any consolation, spinning hurt me a bit on Monday - although mostly the saddle - I'd forgotten that the desensitisation kinda wears off if you don't go for about 6 weeks!!

    Well done on the loss though - that's a pretty decent number - maybe you could have a word with my scales as they don't seem to have grasped this concept yet, and I'm still waiting for them to remember!!!

    Thanks for my tag by the way - I will post it .... when I've thought of 7 relatively interesting things to write!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on your loss.

    I think we could both do with a swift kick when it comes to exercising! xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great loss this week linz, well done. Hope spinning doesnt hurt too much & enjoy your meal out, have something yum! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think 2.5 lb is very very good! Why beat yourself up about not exercising when clearly whatever you are doing is WORKING!

    Maybe the time has come to think of exercise in a different way?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done on the loss Linz !! Thats brill....
    Love your posts. You always make me laugh. Thank you for that !! x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment!