Wednesday, 13 January 2010

More snow = No WI!

I've woken up this morning to another 4 inches of snow.


It's getting beyond a joke now. I got myself ready and thought I'd go into the office as I desperately wanted to WI today. Car is going nowhere, after a few pirouttes and triple salkos, I made it to the train station. Trains cancelled. Gah!

So I am back home in the warmth, ever so slightly frustrated that it's now 4 weeks since I last got weighed and I have no idea of the damage I have done of late. There is a class near me tonight so I will try and get to that, it's about 1.5 miles away so if I stick my wellies on I should be able to trudge there.

Last night I ended up drinking cocktails in TGI Friday's which was slightly unexpected for a Tuesday night. I needed to get out of the flat given I'd been stuck in all day, but perhaps a bit of exercise might have been more in order than drinking Ultimate Cocktails?! Although I did walk there which is just over a mile so thats something I guess? Plus the Ultimate Cocktail glasses are fairly heavy so that was a workout for my bingo wings.... Clutching at straws here....


I've just stumbled across this page on the BBC website - maybe I don't need to worry too much after all :)

Seriously though, I am determined to make this week a good one. We are now thankfully out of chocolate so no more snaffling horrible chocs everytime I open the fridge. I'm going to do a bit more Wii Fit this afternoon (which will also give me an idea of my weight I guess) and try and eat healthily from the remains of our fridge. Wish me luck!

5 comments:

  1. I skidded my way to WI this morning. I am fed up of the snow already too!!

    I hope you manage to get to tonight's meeting, to get you rejuvinated. :o)

    Good luck sweetie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best of luck getting to your meeting this evening.... we need that official WI to help get us back on track. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds more like clutching at little paper umbrellas to me! LOL
    I couldn't get to WI this morning either with the roads being so bad, so I'm glad I got to a meeting on 30th Dec or I'd have 4 weeks without as well. Nothing more local than the one I was going to, and a 6 mile hike cross-country in the dark to tonight's isn't all that appealing! :D
    Yes, please can we lose the snow soonest?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved that article on BBC! It made me feel a little bit better about my huge thighs. :P

    That cocktail looks lush, by the way. Mmm, could do with one now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. brilliant !! lol !! I love the clutching at straws part!!....hope when you finally do get to weigh in that its not as bad as you think x x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment!