Tuesday, 19 January 2010

Another day, another travel disaster

I seem to be jinxed at the moment with this travel malarkey. We flew back from Newcastle this morning and I was expecting to be the office by 10am (which is fine as I can start any time before 10) but the weather in Newcastle had other plans - which saw me still sat on the runway in Newcastle i.e. around 300 miles away from work at 10am. Bloody Fog! I couldn't even ring my boss as we had taxied out so they had that stupid no phones rule, cue a lot of grovelling once we did eventually land.

Of course that wasn't then end of it - we landed on a remote stand and then had to be bused back to the terminal - frustratingly taking us past the car park we then had to get back to. Then of course we couldn't get out of the car park as it kept saying we owed £65. This lead to me and Matt hollering at each other before I eventually stomped off to the Customer Services office with confirmation of pre payment in hand. I then had to endure the ever so helpeful assistant on the phone for 10 minutes to a loved one before he even realised I was there. You can imagine I was most cheerful by the time I eventually made it shame faced into the office at 1pm! Ho Hum.

Anyway, now that's off my chest I can get back to the matter in hand - weight loss. After my near alcohol poisoning on Saturday/ Sunday I have been fairly good on the food front. Mainly because my stomach hasn't been overly happy with me so I've not managed to eat much at all. I've still not gotten back into the habit of pointing everything though, which is something I really need to sort. Not having had a proper WI for weeks has really thrown me off kilter. I clearly need to go to class to keep myself on track.

We've got heavy snow forecast for tomorrow (what is it with Wednesday's down here??), but I will be braving whatever the weather throws at me so I can make it to WW for the first time since mid December. I will have a little jump on my new scales in the morning so I can get an idea of how close they are to my leaders. I am not overly expecting good things but at least I am back on the right track. Alcohol is off limits for the forseeable future and I am actually looking forward to stocking up on fresh fruit and veg - it's been too long.

Right then, I had better actually crack on and do some work since I've only been here for an hour or so. Bad Linz.

1 comment:

  1. Your story reminds me of the movie Planes, Trains, and Automobiles with Steve Martin ad John Candy. Have you ever seen it? Anyway, good luck with getting back on track!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment!